Is My Setup Good Enough?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SeedToStoned, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to get some expert advice on my setup. I won't be growing for about 12 months, but I already have procured the majority of my supplies. I'll list out each component below. Keep in mind that this will be for my first grow, which will be indoors, and it is fairly low budget.

Current Items Owned:
    The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green (x1)
    Foxfarm Ocean Forest 12 Quart (x6)
    Foxfarm Happy Frog 12 Quart (x1)
    14" Saucer (x10)
    12" Saucer (x10)
    MaXX Yield Power Pot 3 Gallon Equivalent Air Pot (x6)
    MaXX Yield Power Pot 5 Gallon Equivalent Air Pot (x6)
    BN-Link 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer (x1)
    TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier 4L (x1)
    Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 150 sq ft (x1)
    VIPARSPECTRA 2 Pair 1/8 inch Heavy Duty Adjustable Grow Light Ratchet Rope Hanger (x1)
    VIVOSUN Pruning Shears (x2)
    VIVOSUN 600W Led Grow Light (x1)
    General Hydroponics pH Control Kit (x1)
    VIVOSUN 48"x48"x80" Grow Tent (x1)
    VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo (x1)
    Treva 10" Portable Fan (x1)
    Genesis 6" Clip Fan (x1)
    AcuRite Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer (x1)

Okay, so as far as I'm aware I'll be needing a 4" inline fan, which I've already picked out (AC Infinity T4), a carbon filter (iPower 4" Carbon Filter), some 4" ducting, and nutrients (General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer set, 1 Quart (Pack of 3) and CalMagic).

Am I missing anything? I feel like the grow lights can definitely be improved and I'm looking to purchase (x1) Spider Farmer SF-4000 Led Grow Light for when I move up to cannabis. Currently I don't have the inline fan and filter since I'm growing tomatoes and various other vegetables/flowers in order to gain some sort of understanding of gardening. Based on all of these details, is my setup decent? Thanks everyone, I'll try to comment soon, but I'm going to bed for the night. Take care and thank you everyone!

2. Congrats looks like your taking it pretty serious I’d def buy another or dif light if ya got the $ to spend.

3. Better lighting is allllllllllllways a good thing...........but if you aren't going to start growing until 12 months from now..........I would wait..........you know how technology is............

But I agree, looks like you are serious about it:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 SeedToStoned, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    I’m definitely serious about growing, but honestly I thought this was just like a beginner setup and you guys make me feel like I’m balling, haha. Shit, I guess that’s good though! Yeah so I guess I’m good then, based on these responses (minus the items I’ve already mentioned)? I’ve definitely been doing my research, so I’m glad I’m on the right track! I’ve got 20 seeds coming in the next few days from ILGM, so I’ll be ready to start once I move to a legalized state. If I upgraded to the Spider Farmer light that I mentioned, what do you think my yields would look like per plant? I mean obviously it would depend on the strains grown, but on average if I grew say 4 plants, what is a reasonable harvest from autos?

If you guys are interested, since I posted my setup, the seeds I got are Amnesia Haze Auto (x5), Blueberry Auto (x5), Northern Lights Auto (x5), and Gold Leaf Feminized (x5). I can’t wait to get started and I’ll be sure to start a grow journal here when I do get started up, but like I said I have to wait a bit until I move to my new place. I’m trying to take the legal route, haha. Thanks again everyone!

5. OHHH my friend.......there are ALOT of people who come on here with one "bagseed" seed.......a solo cup.....dirt from outside.........and a window sill.........TOTALLY not knocking that, AT ALL.....and some get results.....but my point is...........yes, you seem to have "covered the basis"............and BTW, I LOOOOOOOOVE ILGM genetics!!

6. Glad to hear! That’s pretty funny honestly, haha. To each his own though! I just think of it as an investment. My 20 seeds ran me $200+ so why not take care of them with decent equipment. Definitely good to know that I should be fine though. Any idea about my yield question? Am I looking at around an ounce per plant or can I expect more? I’ve been reading some conflicting data.