Is my set up adequate for 4 plants? -Graphic included-

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zizaro420, Mar 22, 2016.

1. It should be very easy to interpret from the little nooby graphic I´ve made. I want to grow 4 plants, I wanted to know:
    -Is the growing space good for 4 plants
    -Is the light ok for 4 plants
    -Is my DIY air scrubber design ok? Manufactured ones are not available in my country so I had to improvise one.

This is my first post by the way, so if there is something I must know please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Yeah

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would honestly have more watts per plant. I usually have at the very least 100w per plant

• Like Like x 2
  4. I thought the minimum was 40 watts per square foot, could I add some CFLs in flowering, and keep it the same in veg?

5. For sure, just remember your light scheduling if you are growing photoperiod plants

• Like Like x 1
  6. It will grow but you are low end of the lights and definitely the low end for the grow space. General rule of thumb for beginners is 100W of lights for the first plant then 50W for each additional plant.

With your setup I would probably recommend just one plant though since you don't have a lot of space and are working with 180W. If you don't want to run the risk of wasting time on a male, I would start 3-4 seeds and as soon as they are past the seedling stage you could switch the photoperiod to 12/12 for like a week just until you start seeing preflowers, pull the males and keep the best female. Then you go back to 18/6 or 24/0 to veg your plant until it fills about half the space you have for growing.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I was thinking of doing this but I heard it shocks the plant real good. Would it be a good idea to plant 3 seeds and get 3 clones off of every plant, then do 12-12 to determine sex, then throw away male clones (and possibly some fems too). Is this something hard to do?

8. that would work too, it will just take longer to determine which is male and female and require more of an investment of your time. You would probably be fine forcing pre flowers then reverting back to veg, unless you are using a very picky strain I don't imagine it would cause too much stress. The plants are a lot more resilient to stress in the veg stage anyway, you can do almost anything to them and they will bounce back. It's only when they start to bud that any unneeded stress is to be avoided.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1 plant maybe 2 but that would be really pushing space limitations. More light wouldn't be a bad thing either! I've currently downsized my grow tent to a 2.5' x 1.5' x 3' tent in the closet and it has a 300 watt hps digital ballast running on it. If you can control temps and train the plants growth. You can pull more weight and less bull crap off of the plant with a short little stout guy. My last grow in my old tent was two plants 2'x 3' x 4' tent and I got 13 zips with only 6 weeks of veg. It is really all about training and don't over crowd them in there. Sorry for rambling on pretty high right now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you very much for your input guys! It happens that in my country it is reaaally difficult to find adequate grow material. I had to move mountain to get the LEP grow light, so like I mentioned earlier, I am going to have to add CFL blulbs to supplement the LED light, while conserving the right lighting pattern for each stage. Again, thanks for the imput guys.