Is my seedling stunned?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kempala, Nov 11, 2018.

1. I first germinated these auto seeds by dumping in glass of water for 12 houres and then i placed the seeds in rootit plugs and on day 4 they sprouted and when the root came out the bottom on day 7 i transplanted in 16L soil fabric pots. It has been 2 days and still the seedling remains the same size. Now im at day 9. I know i have to be patient. I just wanna check up on it with some help from here. And figure out if anything is wrong with it.

I keep Ph at 6.5-6.8 plain water. I use unfertilised organic soil. Temp is at 21-27c and Rh 60-70. Ec of tap water is 300. I use a 600w led with optical lenses and i keep it at 40cm height.

The only problem that i had is that i ph'ed the tap water to 6.5 from 7.5 before watering 2 days ago and now the runoff water came out to be 5.3!!

I rinse the soil around the seedling with a bit of water every time it goes a bit dry. The stem is redish purple and the leafs are a bit dark green.

Thank you in advance.

ps Both seeds are the same size. 20181111_121819.jpg 20181111_121828.jpg 20181111_163657.jpg 20181111_163817.jpg

Sent from my SM-J530F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You are doing fine, just be patient.

They will be ok, they will take off. In my experience what happens is that when they first go into larger pots they spend a lot of time on the root development process so not much happens above ground but when the roots get more established, they will spend time on the above ground development.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. I hope so. On my next grow i will germinate them directly in the soil.

When they take off i will post more photos.

4. People say that Autos will get stunted but I've seen folks do a LOT of insane things to them and they keep carrying on. My (short) experience is that if you are reasonably careful then stuff like transplanting and training aren't plant-killers.

Growing in a solo cup, wait about 7 days for the leaves to reach the edges of the cup, then transplant into the final container, that way the roots establish fast and are much more developed going into the final container.

Having said that...my current plant is a BEAST and was VERY slow to start...I thought he was a goner....
    Here is the current picture.

IMG_3982.JPG.jpeg

IMG_3983.JPG.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you want faster growth - start in smaller containers - it's easier to maintain the proper moisture level. Also, add more perlite next time - perlite = aeration = fast growth. I start in solo cups for two weeks, then transplant. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. True!
    I forgot to mention perlite. I use 30% - 40%

• Like Like x 1
  7. True! It is a beast!! What strain is it and is it an auto? How many times have you topped and do you use LST? Awesome grow. Gets me excited!

8. Its Northern lights auto from Crop KingSeeds.
    I topped it once and did some training, and have bent and broken more branches than i can keep track of!

Its got a week or so to go.

You can follow its progress in the link in my signature.

9. #9 kempala, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Sounds good. More perlite damn it! Perlite was included in the soil.. next time im gonna mix my own soil i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 kempala, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Update DAY 9. They seem to have grown a bit more. But new leaves seem to be a bit crooked and purplish. Any ideas why is that? received_506408133159517.jpeg received_189334131906958.jpeg

11. #11 kempala, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  12. Day 12

Added some nutes. But i think we are good. Maybe my light is not the best choice but anways i just hope im gonna harvest a decent yield. 20181117_174721.jpg 20181117_174715.jpg