is my Seedling stretching??? or what is it???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SD Sensi Grower, Apr 5, 2009.

1. hey GC,

my seedling sprouted on thursday.

it was going good. well today it was really sunny and warm so i put it out on my deck with the top of my green house open. well i left for the day and when i came back, my seedling was bend off to the side facing south.

idk if this is it stretching or what.
    it is still sorta winter so the sun is goin across the sky a little to the south. maybe thats it.

i wasnt too windy today either.

i brought it inside and put it under my little light.

any advice is great, thanks.

p.s. i can take pics if that helps.

2. pictures would be great

3. ok.

here are some pictures of it

Attached Files:

4. Rather blurred, but I wouldn´t say they are obviously stretching.

5. yea sorry about the bad pics. i had to take them with my phone.

but yea it looks like they are just bent to the side.

wierd.

i put them under a light. hopefully that will work.

6. anyone else have a suggestion?

7. I think you're good dood, if your seedling does start to stretch man just add a little more soil to support the stem if you're scared of it breaking or fallin over.

8. ok thanks dude,

yea it is jsut like bending over. i have a light dirrectly above it.

im gunna leave that on for like 5 hours then turn it off.

thanks.

anyone else?

9. jus leave them alone and let them do their thing. everything will be fine

10. i don't think its stretching it's just bending towards the light (i suspect from the lighting that the sun sits on the left longer than the other side....just bring it indoors under a light for awhile (until it stands back up) OR rotate the pot over the next few light sessions so it stands back up.

11. all i do is rotate my pots

12. ok. thank you sooo much for your help.

i just brought it in under a light and it stood right up. thanks.

im gunna rotate my pot too

13. what kind of soil are you using, that looks like miracle grow organic blend... its a no no .lol

14. its not.

its miracle grow garden soil.

15. dead plants.
    Organic choice is the only Miracle grow you should even use. Don't give advice if you don't know what your talking about.

16. Ive used organic choice man.. It still has those time released nutes that cause nute burn. I believe the soil says "feeds for up to 2 months". I had it for a while until i transplanted to FFOF soil. I mean you can grow in it but your plant yields and health will suffer.

17. ok i seriously dont think that using miracle grow garden soil instantly means "dead plants"

soil is soil. a plant is a plant.

its not like some soils will kill a plant just because its "garden" soil.

18. Some people never started at the bottom. Some skipped there way to Advanced and think its dead if its not perfect. The first plant i ever grew was under 1 blue spec garden light in some potting soil. I added grass ferts like once a weak. I got some weed. Sure i wouldn't recommend it but you don't suffer if you don't know the difference.

I think most growers would recommend re transplanting into a medium with a bit more give and skipping time released ferts. You will fine better results.

19. i never said his plants would die by the way i just said it was a no no. Theyll live, but they will be scraggly and youll get a lot of wilting and nute burn for the first 3 weeks. Flushing will be needed

20. ok well in my soil there is no slow release nutes.

it is just a basic garden soil.

everyone is flippin out