Is my seedling going to be okay??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by poopeeman, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Hey everyone, I just started my second grow about two weeks ago. I had accidentally ripped part of the leaf on one of my seedlings as I was trying to remove the seed embryo and she’s not looking too great. I was hoping you guys could give me some insight on what to do or if she’ll make it out just fine. I’m growing a blue dream auto flower in coco coir with a 600w led light. I’ll leave some pictures down below. Thank you, much appreciated!!
    IMG_4545.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4537.JPG

2. I think it will be fine. Not knowing you're set up I caution you about too much heat and too much light at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

3. You made things difficult for yourself by starting in such a large pot.........maintaining the proper moisture level will be a difficult challenge.
    And no........autos don't have to start in the final pot..........it's a myth.
    Most all auto growers start in small containers and transplant.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m also using a co2 bag which means they will be more okay with higher heat. It’s a 2x3 tent I have a small fan for circulation, exhaust fan, and small inlet fan. I hope that helps give a better answer. Thank you!

5. Also still does not answer my question man. I asked if the seedling will be okay, not if the pot I’m using is the right one. Appreciate your input, but please listen to what’s being asked first.

6. Poopeeman, MickFoster was trying to give you some good advice. He really didn't deserve the disrespect.

You need to lighten up, put your pride away and try to understand these people are answering questions you didn't even know you needed to ask.

Happy harvest my friend,

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you're able to maintain the proper moisture and nutrient level in that large pot, your seedling will be ok........if not, it will probably die.
    Good luck.......I hope you know how to grow in coco.

8. Thank you very much, that’s exactly what I needed! I appreciate the help a lot man!

9. It wasn’t supposed to be disrespectful, I do appreciate the tips but everyone does their grow differently. I just wanted my question answered since I’ve already grown this way before with great results. Once again wasn’t meant to be disrespectful, just gets nerve wracking when you put this much time into something.

10. #10 thun, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    As I read this thread, I cann't help but think about Mick's thread and a paragraph titled, "Feeding Schedule."

"You never water coco with plain water - it's always feeding time. From the minute they sprout I start with 1/4 strength nutes and continue for the first two weeks. For weeks 3 and 4 I feed 1/2 strength nutes, and at the beginning of week 5 I start full strength until the end. I have played around with different pH levels and found that 6.0 works the best - calcium and magnesium are absorbed best at 6.0 or higher. I feed daily to 20% run off starting around day 3 or 4 from sprout, and I continue daily feedings until the 12/12 flip - after that I do two feedings a day. With full grown plants I use a full gallon each feeding. Feeding this way, especially at the beginning produces explosive growth. The slow growth problems that I see on the forums is caused by a few things - Lack of food, the wrong pH for proper nutrient uptake, too small of a plant in too large a container, and lack of fresh oxygen to the root zone. If you want fast growth in coco - start feeding from the beginning - don't wait two weeks to feed like most of the people on the forums advocate."

Later in the thread, Mick adjusts the nutrient levels to 1/4 strength. Check it out, it helped me immensely!

Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

You started this grow two weeks ago and on the duplicate thread you stated you fed them yesterday for the first time. Just wondering what's going on?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry for the miscommunication, I fed them with nutrients for the first time yesterday. Before that was plain water. That was also a huge help with what you had included!