Is my seedling dead?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mitchistoocool, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Or does it have any chance?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like its just now sprouting..how deep did you put the seed and how long ago?

3. About half an inch deep. And 3 days ago. The soil felt kind of dry to me but im a noob so not too sure. They're outdoors.

4. She looks like she's just beginning to sprout! How long has she been in soil? She looks fine from the pic! Takes them a while to break the soil surface some times, other times (depending on the strain) will come up in less. I had one that took two weeks to break the surface and just had one that came up in less than 48 hours....don't give up on her! She looks good! ;)

5. Lol. How fast you expect plants to grow? They do grow fast but dont go crazy with it.

6. Thanks guys. Idk, just thought for some reason it was not doin good. Very reassuring! Should I water? The soil seemed pretty dry but im not sure if I should water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Water it when she's dry! I use a mister so that it's a little more gentle on the seedling...pouring water directly on top may dislodge her...works for me anyway! Hope it helps you! Lookin' good!

8. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. You should be good, your girl looks fine. And for seedlings don't let them dry out until they have established a few roots, then still keep it moist until you see more vertical growth and a set of leaves or two. In your case I advise you keep it nice and damp and visit her every day or as much as you can. If you know you cant see them the next day and there is even a remote chance the top few inches of soil will be even dry-ish then go ahead and water. Like another member said a spray bottle is best to get nice and even water coverage and don't dislodge the seedling. Plus the airation you get from spraying, im sure she doesn't mind that at all.
    Speaking of, are you going to set up that 5 gallon bucket with the airstone, that I told you about, soon? If you have to soak her because you can't be there the extra oxygen would help. And the seaweed extract. Even if it's just the plain water if still set up that bucket.

10. About to PM you 

11. Some seedlings are slower than others, and don't always sprout out the first leaves for another day or so.