Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Is my seedling dead?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Toastman8, Dec 20, 2012.

1. I germinated a seed using the paper towel method and when my tap root was about 1/4" long I dropped it in the soil, the problem is I buried it too deep so today I started to uncover it and found a little brownish blackish stick looking thing. I replanted it so about half of it is out of the soil and watered lightly and put under my 600w mh. Is it too late for my little seedling? Should I even bother trying to save it? Or should I start over with a new seed

2. Start over.That happened to me a few times.I think the seed rotted?Just start over.

3. You don't need a 600w light for a seedling. That is like bringing an ak47 to a fist fight. Do yourself a favor an go get a 23w cfl. Back to your question, do you have a pic? Pics are very helpful when asking for advice and getting the correct advice. How many seeds do you have? How long has it been in the soil?

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

4. Yeah mate. I myself just had a whooping 5 out of 13 and problems all over the place (my first try). I spent another week of studying and re-doing germination this weekend.