Is my plant ready to clone? Which leaves to I pluck?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MJsGirl, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #1 MJsGirl, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1266195-second-time-around-its-all-inside.html

Please help!

Check out my pictures, taken a few hours ago ....I'm not sure, but does anyone thing I should start the cloning process and if so, what leaves do I take?

I was thinking about using regular bottled water and just clipping a leaf and seeing if it'll root... if so, from there I was thinking about just planting in another 5 gallon bucket. I only have one plant and 2 tiny ones of which 1 is sickly looking (actually they're both sickly looking if ya ask me)

I'm not so sure about all this rockwool and root-tone when I'm pretty sure good ol bottled water will work. I did read something about using fish emulsifier but I did want to smoke fishy tasting or fishy smelling weed, ya know.

I'm just not sure what leaves to pluck off this one plant I have!  :hide: IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG IMG_4317.JPG

2. OutlinedSent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. #3 MJsGirl, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    oh.my.God! you even circled the ones I need to pluck. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Cool!

So here's the plan. After I get off work tomorrow I'll come home cut the 3 you circled, carefully place each one in a sepearte glass of spring water, under the 18-6 grow schedule and I'll keep checking everyday to see if they sprout roots, wait til the roots get _________ long then plant them in the same organic medium that I have ...

I guess you call her the mother

....the mother in. My soil has been cooking and I've been turning it, adding water every 5 days.

:)

4. Dont pluck cut with clean scissors or razor blade at a 45 degree angle then scrape the stem lightly should be close to 3 nodes on the clone Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. honest to God, I was not gonna pluck, I was totally gonna cut (lol, that's sounds strange sayin' it like that) I've been watching youtube videos and reading everything I could find time to... it's that whole root tone, medium and what leaves to cut that's been having me perplexed. 

;-)

6. honest to God, I was not gonna pluck, I was totally gonna cut (lol, that's sounds strange sayin' it like that) I've been watching youtube videos and reading everything I could find time to... it's that whole root tone, medium and what leaves to cut that's been having me perplexed. 

;-)

7. Lol...I can tell your not that uneducated you know what your doing lolSent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Nothing could be further from the truth. LOL! (keep reading)  -  I can read everything marijuana related but until it's experienced first hand, I'm lost!!  -  Thank you for the compliment.

9. So, here's the latest. I took 2 clone clippings and decided to go with water only instead of the other methods (bad idea). I found these little plastic things to adhere to the edge of the glass of water to keep the clone upright. I think that was a good idea, it worked out well  -  until the little clone ran out of water and went all limp on me. After 2 days, between loss of water and discoloration, not to mention, at this time I have the mother plant going back and forth from 12 hours of light to 12 hours of darkness  -  different time schedules. See photos below:

View attachment 134537
    View attachment 134536
    View attachment 134535
    View attachment 134534
    View attachment 134532
    View attachment 134531
    View attachment 134530
    View attachment 134529

10. #10 MJsGirl, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm continuing this second grow journal, but I am. I'm very frustrated the cloning thing didn't work out. I'm very frustrated that out of 10 female seeds that I bought online I only have 1 plant. I'm frustrated that I have 0 seeds at all, not even bag seeds! I'm very frustrated that I didn't plan out my grow closet well enough and now I have to physically move my plant from dark to light every 12 hours (which I guess I don't mind, it's not that big of a deal I guess). I'm living in a very small apartment and honestly, I thought about just giving up on this plant  -  but I can't do that, my heart won't let me. The pictures below are of my grow closet:

View attachment 133284
    View attachment 133283
    View attachment 134560

See, even with 2 covers on the darn thing, it's still not dark enough. I even have my windows covered with black-out curtains because the light from closet made it seem like I was living in power plant. I have street parking and from my car, looking up at my bedroom window.... OH.MY.GOSH.  -  that was BRIGHT, I hung the curtains right away!! Anyway, my only solution was to create a separate area in my clothes closet so I could move her at 6pm, when I came home from work until 6am when I woke up. I made sure the little area was completely dark, no cracks of light anywhere. I did the simple test of holding my hand in front of my face to see if I could see it  -  nada! When I say the little dark place is dark  -- I assure you it's pitch black. I don't even open my closet after 6pm, don't wanna take any chances.

Every morning at 6am, like clock work, I move her from the dark closet into the lighted closet. I've been on this schedule since Feb 13th.

Watering: every other day I give her 2 - 12 ounces of bottled water and mist her every morning before subjecting her to the extreme brightness.

11. #11 MJsGirl, Feb 23, 2014
    It's not allll that bad, I'm just complaining --- shoot, I still have smoke from my first grow so at least I'm not buying weed which is why I'm doing all this in the first place... to save money.

As of now, this morning, these are close-ups of my one and only surviving plant:

View attachment 134559
    View attachment 134558
    View attachment 134557
    View attachment 134556
    View attachment 134555
    View attachment 134554
    View attachment 134553
    View attachment 134552
    View attachment 134551
    View attachment 134550
    View attachment 134549

12. #12 MJsGirl, Feb 23, 2014
    ````~~~~~`````~~~~~`````~~~~~~``````~~~~~`````~~~~~~`````~~~~~~`````~~~~~~`````~~~~~`````~~~

I don't know what a plant is suppose to look like or what to expect when it's forced into flowering. I don't know how long I'm suppose to do this 12/12 schedule. I don't know if it's ok, at this stage, to yank some of those bigger leaves off, or just leave them alone. I think my plant looks droopy when it's first thing in the morning and by the time the light hits her, a few hours later, she looks fine. I experienced this so called "sleeping stage" from my first grow. Before starting the 12/12 cycle I followed this:

View attachment 134562
    View attachment 134561

Yes, I did the 36 hours of darkness first. I had to so I could adjust to the most convenient time for me and my schedule, 6am to 6pm - it worked out fine. I just hope to God I don't end up with a  hermaphrodite

I don't wanna smoke anything called such an ugly name... UGH!!!!

13. She looks good, I dont believe in darkness before flower, I put mune right into flower they always show flowers in about 10 days,

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thanks, but I'm still concerned she looks sickly, droopy and ill.... I took a few more pictures this evening before her 6pm bedtime. I can see the little white hairs and the flowering formation taking place, it's just that I'm concerned about the other leaves that look overly huge for some reason. I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I trimmed them off or would it make a difference at all... or is it too late

:smoke:

View attachment 134876
    View attachment 134875
    View attachment 134874
    View attachment 134873