IS my plant ready for LST?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Billa, Feb 29, 2012.

1. #1 Billa, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Hello all! This is my very first grow. My girl is 16 days old now. I'm doing a pc grow and would like to LST her but I'm not sure when I should start. Can you guys tell me what you think and how much longer I should wait?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nice tight node structure. I would say yes, just start slow.

3. Thanks. She's beginning to shag out of the pot, but the lower leaves aren't getting much light and are slow at growing. I've been hoping its about time.

BTW, are you a Del the Funkee Homosapian fan? :D

4. I am indeed. I wish I could grow on my window sill :)

5. It's actually a pc grow! I just put her out on the window sill during the day for a bit of fresh air and natural sunlight. She seems to be responding well! :D

6. Fine to start LST now.

7. you must be using some kind of florescent, from experience I would suggest taking off a couple carefully chosen few fan leaves before you tie it down for the first time. I sounds crazy, i know, but this early in the game it doesn't matter too much, and it will help light penetrate deeper.... hell, nows your chance to top it as well then tie it down and give her a week or two and get back at me with a thank you, peace

8. please before starting LST make sure the pot you are using is the final pot, in other words make sure you are not transplanting again. It is fine at this point for LST but as Delthefunky said (by the way... del the funky homosapian = awesome!) start slow. Just pinch the stem a bit to flatten in out and bend it perpendicular to the squeeze point.

9. dont prune yet.....you want to prune only once (twice at most) or you are stressing it too much. just keep tucking the leaves, they are holding tons of energy that your plant could eventually suck out of it instead of just raping it off

10. and yeh. transplanting a 2 foot wide bush sucks lol. did it with a 3 into a 15. took forever D: