Is My Plant Ready For 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AshN, Aug 11, 2014.

1. #1 AshN, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    My plant is 10'inches with heaps of leaves and a thick stem been on 18/6 for 4 weeks now should I flower and if I do will it grow much bigger or should I veg longer ? strain (ak47)

2. #2 AshN, Aug 11, 2014
    Ak47)

Attached Files:

3. She looks healthy, you can put her in 12/12 if you're ready for that. 4 weeks veg is enough of course, but also don't know your grow conditions. What kind of light do you have, and how much grow space are you working with? I took my current grow (siggy) to 6 weeks veg before I threw them under 1000w HPS. But I was vegging with CFL's so took them a little longer to get them right for flower, at least to me. Your lady is pretty, I love any of the AK phenos. :smoke:

4. This is my first grow its a 250w hps gonna get a bigger one for flowering maybe 400w, and a grow tent. Will they get much bigger once switched to 12/12?

5. And plan on getting a big grow tent so space is not a problem.

6. Does ak47 get much bigger in 12/12 someone?

Yes, in flower your plants will grow, it's when they do the most growing actually as your root system becomes more abundant and can start taking in massive amounts of nutrients and h2o. Assuming you give complete 12 hours of darkness. If you have light leaks, your plants will be stunted in growth and could hermie. Step up to as large as a bulb as you have the space to cool. 400w is fine, that's a good size for 1 plant and you will get some great weed off it with that. 400w also throws off a lot more heat than a 250w. Keep the temps under control, get some air circulation going.

AK's get huge, they are known as a heavy yielder when grown correctly. Indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter they yield well.

8. Thanks man, will the 400w be enough for 2 plants cause I got a 4 day old northern lights plant started. Got a fan running lightly for air flow temps are always good and I haven't even got my grow tent yet, wonder if I'll get an oz off the ak?

9. #9 NGP, Aug 11, 2014
    400w for 2 is fine. They would each take 1000w if you gave it to them :smoke:  But 400w will keep them happy and will give you some results.

A zip off an AK under 400w shouldn't be a problem, LOL. If all you want is an oz, I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Here's an example about size difference in flower....here were mine after 6 weeks veg under CFL's:
    View attachment 1494899

You can see where they are at now in my sig pics (or grow journal), after 5 weeks in flower under 1000w. Big difference, they are 5-6ft tall indoor. Eating up a 7x7 space and still getting big and swelling up.

10. I'll be happy with 1oz per plant hopefully il get that, but have no idea what the average yield is for ak