is my plant over or under watered

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Daddy Darwin, Apr 6, 2014.

1. i started growing about less than a week ago and i think i am over watering my plant i am not sure if its overwatering or underwatering. please help me i an pretty sure its over watering so i left my plant to dry all day but i am not sure any more.

Attached Files:

2. #2 lFourTwenty, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Definitely overwatering...that pot is probably too big as well..best to start seedlings off in solo cups or a small #1 nursery pot then transplant later

3. I am growing a autoflower and I read that transplanting them can cause streets so I started growing straight out of a big pot

4. Another question I have is how much should I wait to untill I feed my plant, do I wait untill the leafs are standing up again. And also how much do I feed it afterwords it's in a 7. 5 liter but I only filled some of it so it's like 5-6 liters of soil and the plant is a week old.

5. #5 lFourTwenty, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

Don't feed at all until after week 2..and be very careful not to overwater..i use a cup of water when they are that small instead of a watering can, and can water 5 or 6 seedlings with that one cup. They don't need much water at this stage, and no nutes whatsoever

If you're using something other than organic soil, such as miracle gro, I wouldn't feed them at all until mid/late veg

6. Don't feed your plants until the starter cotyledons die off. Those leaves feed the plant for the first couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

ok i have a situation right here i tricked my mom into thinking its a plant hybrid so she knows i am growing but doesn't know what. so i walk in my room and she just feed them 1/4 of a cup and now i am afraid it will die is there any thing i can do. they haven't been feed water for 3 days now. i am freaking out should i transplant it or something please help. and how do i know they are ok, do i wait until the leafs look normal.

8. #8 KangarooBunny, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    When it starts to smell up the house she'll definitely know, man. :/ 

Edit: Sorry for assuming. That is unless you have ventilation under control. 

9. i am growing it outdoors so she is not going to notice the smell 

10. Your post saying "i walk into my room and she just feed them 1/4 cup" led me to believe it's an indoor grow.

What did she feed the plant a 1/4 cup of?

She fed it or watered it? If she watered it, should be fine, but if she fed it some kind of fertilizer, yes it's going to die probably

12. every night i put it in the house and she thought its drying out so she put 1/4 of tap water. 

13. You'll be fine. 

14. yeah she just feed it water that all. you saying its going to be fine makes me feel much better thank you.

15. thanks for helping guys. i live in a very crumbed up place and it sucks all my family are nuts, and they all put their noses everywhere there is nothing i can do without them messing with it. so i think i should just keep it in a more discreet place. before this grow i germinating another seed and i put it on the radiator on very low to keep things warm even though i told my parents not to mess with it they made the radiator warmer and cooked the seed. i know i wrote to much and its probably to boring to read i am sorry i just really wanted to let it out. thanks for the help i appreciate it! 

16. #16 lFourTwenty, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

No problem for future reference though seeds will germinate at room temp..no need to put them on a radiator heater. The way I germinate my seeds is by soaking the seeds in a cup of water overnight, then put it directly into the soil about 1 inch deep and cover it up..seeds will be up and have leaves in 3-4 days

Best thing about this method is there's no chance of damaging the tap root because when it comes out, it's already in the soil..but if you let it go 2 days in the water, the taproot will come out..no worries though just plant it the same way

17. I germinate the same way IFourTwenty does and have great success. I've tried the paper towel method and it works for many but I found it not as reliable. 

I don't know your climate conditions, but are you planning on leaving it outside 24/7 in the near future?

18. I want to add if its real cool where the plants at overwatering symptoms will seem much worse and last longer than a warmer location.

If airfliw is good it should sort out.

Will the curled leafs ever go back to normal becouse it doesn't look like it.

20. I would think they would turn back to normal, but what's more important is the new growth. Is it growing?

It's rare that I grow anything without having a hiccup somewhere along the way. I transplanted some youngin's into a soil that was too nutrient dense for them a couple weeks ago and burnt them. They look ugly but after a day or two that new growth kept right on going. :smoke: