Is my plant male, female or hermie? :/

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by maxfish9898, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

Today is a sad day for me. I thought the sex showed earlier than it did and today it looks like there are little balls growing near 2 of the nodes. I'm really hoping they're not sacks, but before I assume anything I was hoping to get your opinions. I took some pictures of different nodes

Attached Files:

2. Near impossible to tell with any of those pics. Top pic looks like a male. I can't see the internode though

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

3. Damn that sucks. I'm looking with a mag glass and don't see any hairs coming out, but the balls (i'm still not calling them sacks out of denial) do not have any hairs yet. Keep in kind, the balls just came in yesterday so it hasn't even been 24 hours. I am going to wait another 1-2 days just to be safe.

If it is a male, and I cut the stalk, do I also have to remove the net pot from the grow tray? I imagine all of the roots have grown into each other as there are 4 plants in a 2x4 tray each about 10-12" apart.

Thanks for your help!

4. That would be tough to separate. I would assume you be fine leaving it. How much longer you going?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

5. I can’t tell. I would wait and monitor. If it’s confirmed a male, I would cut it with a little base left. I would wait 1/2 a day or so then check if the roots let go of the other plants. should be safe to remove then.
    May have to glove it and agitate and separate carefully with fingers underwater.