Is my plant growing?????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by darkmagicmge, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Help my lowryder eazy ryder seed has cracked, a spine is coming out of the soil but its been like this for a couple days now? Im using a jiffy mini greenhouse with peat pellets. Is it still growing? Ive tilled the peat around it with a bamboo skewer. only watering like every other day and pouring out excess water.

still waiting for red buddha seed to grow also, i tilled the peat around it. i looked at the seed and there was like a tiny brown spine coming out, is that good?

i have cucumbers that are growing great. but my eggplants and tomatoes arent even having cracked seeds

please help with my first grow ever :confused:

Attached Files:

2. That's very odd for your sprouted seedling to stay that way for a couple days. It certainly still looks alive but I don't know what the deal with that slowpoke is. It could probably be due to over watering like stated above. I'm not sure with growing in cubes or pellets, I stay away from that in stick to good ol' reliable soil. But they do look super soaked. Do you know the pH of your water? Is it coming from your tap?

3. thanks for the tips! yeah im using tap water, first watering i used filtered brita water, and no i never measured the ph

4. oh and i just watered it before i took pics, is it excess?

5. Do you let your tap water rest out for fourty-eight hours first? Or is it from a well? Chlorine and chloramine is bad for Cannabis. You should let the chlorine evaporate out first and if your water treatment center uses chloramine you should not use it at all. You really should invest in a pH meter. They have good meters by Hanna for as low as thirty-five dollars online.

6. Lol
    Simple solution here and its not over-watering.
    Look closely and tell me what your growing??? At this point all that excess humidity is what is keeping it alive.
    It's a root :p simple mistake, even ive done it but mine dried and died.
    You planted it upside down, just dig her out (carefully) and turn it round;)

7. But yea like he says u over watered ur plant try to water it every 3 days so that it has time to dry out and the roots can get some o2 and they will be healthy idk about diggin uprhe seed too much of a change in breakin the root and then u r really f%#ked but halla back

8. Yea cause I got 2 now in seed, and a clone and 1 that's 4wks in veg. And my tangerine dream that's 2 wks in flower

9. dude,, how many seeds u put in a pellets?? 1 seed 1 pellets.. i see 3 plant sprout out in a pellet, wth

10. umm i think those are green bean plants

11. lol yeah think so

12. Lmafo.
    Looking at it now I'd say ^he's correct. It's hard to tell from the picture.

13. #14 Soljadray, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea it's best to put one seed for one jiffy plug so the roots have room to start growth

14. actually there cucumbers :p

and the jiffy packaging said to plant 3 seeds per pellet, so i did, except for the special seeds :D

15. oh gee thanks! :hello:

I just i didn't do it to late, i just did it right now! First pic is what the root looked like just before i turned it upside down. Carefully with a bamboo skewer I picked it out, turned it, then after i loosely packed peat on top of it.

I also inspected my Red Buddha seed, I think it has cracked! So I pointed the somewhat cracked end towards the bottom of the pellet.

Second pic shows where my Jiffy greenhouse sits the whole day. I put it in the kitchen window area I thought it would be a good place for the growing cucumbers, is this a safe spot for the rest of the unsprouted plants, especially the weed seeds?

And to NJsteez, my city is well water based, but i'm sure they still put chlorine and chloramine in the water. My bath showerhead filters those out, you think I can just get some of that water in a cup and use it directly on my plants?

Thanks for the help guys! ;)

16. UPDATE: pictures

Attached Files:

17. LMAO what?

18. Ur crazy man what u talk bout