Is my plant doomed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psycicmind, Jul 5, 2013.

1. #1 psycicmind, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
    I've been vegging my plant for almost 5 weeks, but one of my plants seems to be dying for no apparent reason.  All the plants get the same amount of nutes and water.  I'm growing with a 600 Watt MH/HPS Roots organic soil + nutes, and I watered my plants 3 days ago.  Now all my plants have a little bit of yellow but not enough for me to worry about.

What's wrong with my plant?

the wilting plant is the dying one I think

The other two are what all the other plants look like.

They are all NL#5

Attached Files:

2. Its a day after the holiday and early for some that why replys might be slow for a while. What kind of soil do you have it in, what kind of nutes and at what mix strength and whats your PH run off reading?

3. Looks to me to be the early signs of your PH being off. Add one tablespoon of dolomitic lime ( I prefer the powdered lime for ease in mixing) to your water and buy a cheap PH tester. I usually water/lime at least once a month just to keep the PH of my soil less grow right, plus there are other goodies in lime that she needs as well.  I would begin by flushing generously with water, she needs a rootbath if its the PH. Good luck. Grasshopper

4. Powdered dolomite limestone also breaks down faster benefiting the plant quicker then peletized limestone. Powder about 2 weeks or less while peletized takes about a month to break down. Both also provides calcium, magnesium and a few other things that are good for plants.  

5. I don't have a ph tester yet

6. In an all organic grow PH shouldn't be as much of a problems as it can be in a chemical nute based grow. But if your adding any kind off chemical based supplement then your changing how the organic nutes, organic soil and beneficial microbes work together for nutrient and supplement uptake. To me it looks like nute burn. But still learning how to control your PH is good. How much nutes are you giving them and how often?

7. I am only using the Roots Organic line of suppliments.  Mainly Buddha grow. I haven't put anything else in there

8. How much are you using and how often? It looks like nute burn to me. As for the wilting or droopiness is the soil real wet, dry and hows the drainage?

9. I watered it this morning and it has perked back up. False alarm

10. Its the ph. Get a meter. Its one of if not the most important things in growing. Your plant cannot uptake nutrients correctly if your ph is not in the 5.8-7.5 range.

11. #12 tk86high, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    make sure not to over nutrient the plants give it a bit ever other watering , and start out small and work ur way up , plus they r way too small for that age, if ure using a 600w , they should be around 2 feet if not taller by their 4th week , by my basic guessing im thinking the light is too far way , and that the plants need to be more together so they can all get a good amount of light,
    the light should be as close as the plants as u can get it without burning the plant. 
    i keep my girls a hand size away from the light and i use a 400W MH for veggie which i heard gets as hot as the 600W MH 

12. hmm...well my light is about 12 inches away from my plants.  My plants are fine now, again, they were just drooping cuz they didn't get enough water. 
    I'd say my plants are almost 1ft tall.  I've never heard that they had to be 2 feet tall after only one month...
    I'm growing Northern Lights #5 if that helps, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be short.  The nodes are really close together though.
    Were you growing hydroponically? What strain were you growing that got 2 feet tall after 1 month?