Is My Plant A Male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Polyrhythmic, Aug 21, 2014.

1. So I'm seeing the clusters like when they're male. Really hope this isnt. Sorry for the blurry pictures. My phones broken and won't focus while I was getting eaten alive by mosquitos

Attached Files:

2. I believe that is a male, the ball clusters are pretty big, if you have any confirmed girls. I would get rid of that guy before he pollinates.

3. Yeah looks like a male sorry dude

4. Fuckkkk, and naw its my first and only grow. Looks too late to try planting another so looks like I'm done until next year

Sent from my HTC One V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Here's an update, if this isn't a male then idk what is lol

Attached Files:

6. that is why you never grow one plant grow at least 4.

7. Yea I just found this in my woods and know its my dumb bitch neighbor so I dug it up and moved it lol. Got plans for next season since I have an idea what I'm doing at least. Definitely will plant around 4 or 5

8. Since you are done for this year, may I suggest picking your grow spots now? This is the time you should be digging in manure and compost into the spots you plant to put your plants in! By next spring, the soil will be mellowed and perfect for your seedlings!

And looking at that first set of photos, looks like the last one shows some pistils as well as balls- you got a hermie. Since it is just the one plant, I'd let it grow- you will get very seedy buds, but they are smokable! Just really dry out the buds and rub them through a wire mesh strainer! All the seeds and stem stay in the strainer, while nicely flaked bud falls into a bowl below. Then you just add a tiny bit of water to rehydrate your cannabis and smoke!  :smoke: 

(The seeds will just produce more hermies and so are worthless, so feed them to a friend's parakeet or hamster or even the wild birds- they really love them!)

Granny

9. Thanksfor the advice that's all things I should do for sure! I've selected my spots already so I could add some homemade compost and soil as well. Living in Madison, WI we are not allowed to buy or sell fertilizer with the middle number (cannot remember atm, phosphorous?) So I may need to find a solution to that or just leave it as is.

And do you recommend cutting off some of the seeds so I don't have as much when I need to dry it?

10. Here's some more progress

Attached Files: