Is my plant a hermie? Need help please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jaymoregrow, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Hi.This is my first medical grow.Dispensaries won't be up and running until next year here sooo.....this is very important.
    So I'm growing bagseed.Im in second week of switching to 12/12. All have shown sex, out of 8 plants 3 showed male traits (pollen sacks/"balls") the other five showed female (hairs coming out of calyx) I just noticed what appears to be a pollen sack or two on one of my girls. I'm not sure what to do. I probably should pull it, but I wanted to be sure, get some input from experienced growers. How long can I wait?? can I just prune them off etc..thanks all!! CHEERS!!
    Note: the pics are of the SAME PLANT. 9

Attached Files:

2. Too me that just looks like the start of a calyx, let it go another week or so see how it goes, as long as those white hairs (pistils) keep getting longer and popping up in between nodes you'll be good.

3. It looks like it could be but i would wait before culling just to make sure unless you have a bunch more females you're scared may get fertilized.

4. Can't be 100% sure from those pics but male plants also grow some amount of hair. Just because it has the thin green hair doesn't guarantee its a female, keep an eye on it, watch it daily, if balls get bigger and pops up in other area then it's probably just a male.

5. I don't see any signs that it's a male, yet. Believe me, when you see those pollen sacks you will know. Good to keep on top of things, though. Last time I had a hermie, I grew it our along side two other plants. There were very few seeds on the hermie, none on the other plants. I'm glad I grew it out. Looks like you have a nice grow going. Good luck, mate.
    Joker

6. thanks everyone. I will just leave it for now, keep an eye on it.I do have 4 girls next to this one. Cheers!.........Thanks Joker, I'm trying.

7. +SheldonBlack666 the hairs coming out of the calyx are white, they appear green because I didn't use any filter and my lights were on, and it was just my android camera.

8. I also noticed I sent doubles of the pics. ....sorry

Attached Files:

9. 1 vote female

10. better not be a bruce jenner

11. Male plants can also grow hair before showing sacks, also since you don't know the genetics one plant make take much longer to show sex. Keep an eye on it.

12. Update: Those areas of concern sprouted hairs(pistils).They were in fact calyxs beginning to form as Cannasaurus stated. To me everything looks great, but I have nothing but pics and vids to gauge. One question I did have is, when(if) they start smelling and getting "dank".My girls still smell like veg. Again, thanks guys and gals. Cheers.
    * If anyone is interested, I will update here.

Attached Files:

13. +SheldonBlack666 The plant in question is much bushier on the forming colas than the others. Perhaps it's just flowering faster? First pic is obviously the one I'm pointing out.

Attached Files:

14. Maybe just different strain or pheno, very hard to find to plants to bush out exactly the same. Also smell will depend on your strains, I've had strains stinking up the house 2-3 week vegging and I've had some that only smelled the last 2-3 weeks of flower and a very subtle smell. Glad to hear that plant ended up being a female.

15. So I ran out of my Xnutrients sample pack. (I shook the bloom bottle with the cap not secure. ..doh! ...it would have been short anyway. ) I don't have enough time or money for that matter to order more. (only 1 hydro shop and they don't stock.gave me a catalog) I have also been giving them Miracle grow bloom, so should I double the MG?? Thanks for your input.

16. Dont use mg man. Taste is hard to flush out from what i hear. Be careful

17. really? ? ugh, thanks. I'm kinda limited right now. I can't believe Xnutes gave me a sample that was like 2 -3 feedings. ..lol..wtf?? How can I tell if it works, which is the point of a sample. GREEDY!!

18. So my hydro store does stock a few nutes. General Organics and of course FF lol, EVERYONE loves FF. I asked him if he has anything to match the NPK I was using (the XNutriens) so I don't have to flush and or stress them.As Xnute has an odd npk ratio, nothing matches. ...sooo....Any opinions on which to choose? ? Was thinking of going with the FF line (yes I'm a hypocrite. .lol) just because I've heard more I guess, I don't know. thanks