Is my Lowryder plant hermaphrodite? advise plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by garu, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Hello, I grow Lowryder (almost 1 month) and this is my first grow.
    I checked some websites about sexing the plants, then I found my LR's top looks female but there are balls (looks like male flower) on the lower nodes (same plant).
    Is my plant hermaphrodite? Thank you in advance for your advises.

[​IMG]

2. definitely not a female- a hermie- maybe but it has male parts- does it have any white hairs? I cant tell from the pic- if not it is 100% male

3. I cannot see any pistils at all, so I think HE is all male!!

4. Thanks for your advise.

I have not found any of white hairs yet...
    I will see several more days and if it is 100% male, I will yank it.

5. That's all male.

6. Thats a shame, with lowryders you actually want to get a hermie or two, b/c since you cant clone them thats the only way your getting new plants without contaminating all your females.

7. Hello, thank you all for advises.
    My 2 Lowryder plants are male,,,

I have another plant "big bud" almost 1 month old, growing in the same room.
    It has preflowers and they look like male balls.
    Then my 3 plants are male, hey what is the problem? I cant grow female plants with my environment?
    I will eliminate them and will order fem seeds.

[​IMG]

8. that does look like the claw ball for a male... let it go a little longer since you have no other plants though.. just to make sure. oh, and if I were you I'd try to collect and store some of that lowryder male pollen... but maybe that's just me. I know I'd like to have some of that here to play with crossing with some things.

p.s. feminized seeds aren't the cure all. you may run into hermies that way. it may just have been bad luck... who knows?

9. Thanks for your advise TheFxckingHero,

Actually, I still have Lowryder 4 seeds, I germed them and now it is about sprouting.
    My grow room is not so big, then I can not keep many plants.
    I will see Big Bud 10 more days.

I really do not know what was wrong with my growing.
    My grow room is 80cm x 60cm x 150cm height and 220w MH (the power is small but it has good balance of spectral distribution)

[​IMG]

I used common planter mix soil, fertilize common biofertilizer made of but's crap a few times in a week. watering when the soil dried. Temparature 22 to 28 degree C, 20 cm fan blows 24 hours, ventilate the grow room when the temparature was high.
    kept 18/6 light cycle.

Well, I will try again with 4 rowryder seeds. hope to have at least 1 female plants.

10. Was the grow area in complete darkness during the 12/12 cycle?

11. Your plants did not come out 100% male because of lighting conditions, it was pure genetics. With three plants there is a 1 in 8 chance that all three will be male, it's just the luck of the draw that you got what you got.