is my location usable?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by msad420, May 21, 2012.

1. whatsup guys ! , ive been searching for a place to plant this year and think i found it . its about 30-50 feet from a river , gets full day sun and has ferns growing alll across the opening .

my only worry is people and helicopters

next time i go there wich will be tommrow im going to be cutting down thorn bushes and a hole bunch of other bushes and trees that no one lies and sticking them around the perimiter of the opening .

ill keep my eyes open to see if anyone goes in there , it seems like no one goes in there lets of bugs and what not. ill definatley be adding more camo to it and making it harder to get into.

i also made a small trail when i entered it so hopefully no one has been there or followed the trail.

2. couple rules to stick to, cover all trails, no pictures from a phone (geologger), and i usually worry less about people and more about animals. watch what you put in the soil, last year i had blood meal mix in my ones i started indoors and then moved out, very other day i was out there replanting them cause the damn coons loved the smell. year before ended up finding a groundhog hole within 40 yards of some of my plants.

just a thought, hope it helps

3. i plan to competley COVER the entrance so that you have to walk through thorns and pricleys to get through. all be entering through the back . ill cover up the trail frosure when i go there tommrow.

hopefully the ferns grow taller then that would be awseome lots of cover then.

this area if you were on the side of the river you wouldent think of walking through it its not very fun.

4. Wood chips help a lot, i found dont even need water unless it gos with out rain for a long time. It is easier said then done to get them to where you are some times, but i found they help a lot> They also dissolve over winter if you have one, so you dont have to clean up.

5. "Dont put all your eggs in one basket man" -- Somebody else. Its better to have several smaller patches than one big one. Put a few there and keep looking for the next potential candidate.

Voo

6. ^^ very true very true. i got 6 locations this year

7. what are thought about air traffic would they be looking if im completely off the radar to them?

8. ferns will usually only grow hip high at the tallest. but the color is good for cover from the air. Be sure to pee on any path or trail and around the parameter of the grow area. Spread them out as much as possible. I'm not allergic to poison ivy but most people are so if you are use gloves and long sleeves. Plant Poison Ivey and blackberries all around any entrance or trail that may lead into the area. Arange the entrance where it only looks like a dog path low to the ground. When you move it to go in be sure to put it back. take a different trail every time you walk in. Try to use animal trails and pee along the animal trails as much as possible. do not pee on your plants. Also in the woods, mice and rabbits will ring the plants and kill them, so if you can put some flexible cover around the base of the stem it is a good idea. Also clean up as much of the downed wood laying around as possible. Termites are worse than thieves and choppers.