Is my light fucked?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by doobiemonster420, Jan 22, 2018.

1. I was attempting to mount my wavyboards together and my drill holes through the aluminum flat were slightly off, maybe a millimeter not aligning with pre drilled holes in the light panel. I attempted to remedy this by redrilling using the predrilled holes as guides when my bit slipped and shifted the light panel with a sickening crunch snapping one of the connectors almost off. Its still somehow hangin on tho but idk if im going to get a connection or worse a fire. Am 8 fucked or is there a solution? 15166003653031658374601.jpg received_10155349650668067-1.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. If you have a contact visible you may be able to resolder if the connection is still repairable. Otherwise I would contact fantom and see if they can help

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Phantom never responded to my question about that, so i went ahead and buit the light. I used aluminum angle to cover it up and press it down, i didnt want to risk melting the plastic with a solder iron. It works though, when i plugged it in it seared circle patterns into my vision.

4. What you can always do, and I've had to do this with things like LED strips in the past thanks to being a bit ham-fisted, is CAREFULLY scrape the plastic/paint surface off until you find the circuit board "track" that goes from your contact. That gives you a bit more of a contact area and you can then resolder the connection with no worries.