Is my head shop overpriced?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Sir_Chadwell_Heath, Apr 8, 2016.

1. I've only been to one of the several (4 or 5) shops in Tampa because they have a really good rewards program and a student discount for USF so I haven't seen any prices for glass at other shops in the area. I recently paid $60 for this 12in biohazard straight tube with 6 slit diffuser downstem. It's pretty thick and I really like it. I have however been curious as to how much it's really worth. The cheapest bongs there are plastic graffix tubes for like $20. It goes up from there to the small rubber grommet bongs for $50 and for glass on glass it's $60 or higher. Anything with a perc seems to be $100 and up unless it's a tiny (and I mean tiny) oil rig in which case it's $75-$90. My question is if this shop is charging too much for this glass. I only ask this because I've seen so many people on here talk about how they got a brand new 18in triple perc for $50. Is it just where I live or is this shop overpriced? Thanks![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Prices are what prices are. If you felt good buying it, why question it now? Since you're in college, I'm going to save you $5100 on tuition and tell you that Economics 101 boils down to: Supply and demand. You've got 4 headshops near you, and they are going to charge what they want. They've figured out the pricing and know how much they can possibly get away with charging before driving someone to go online. That's the way it works.

In Portland, we have headshops all over the fucking place, and a lot of local glass being made. I don't care for name brands, and I know I can likely find that or a similar bong for $30 or so if I look around. But honestly, I have 4 shops within walking distance of my apartment and you have 4 in your entire city. And weed is 100% legal here and it's not there. So of course things will be cheaper in different parts of the country where there's a lot of supply

• Like Like x 3
  3. There are far mre than 4 or 5 head shops in tampa, there are probably hundreds and a solid amount of very high end ones, like the chiefin reef, green planet, forward glass gallery, zen glass gallery, wrecked smoke shop

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes headshops are always overpriced. You have to haggle on the price to get a decent deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Every headshop will be slightly overpriced, just gotta make the most of it.

6. Hi I got this piece from my lhs how much does it look worth? I paid $150 for it.

Attached Files:

7. Yea I couldve gotten one a lil bigger for 50 bucks at mine, you should look around before you buy...and did you just buy it? You definitely should've waited until 4.20 cause where I live they do half off everything.

8. Good point Swami. People will pay whatever price something is worth to them. We vote with our dollars.

Also, I learned the hard way that college is a joke. I got straight up Nigerian scammed into getting a 4 year bachelors degree and I'm still unemployed. These universities laugh all the way to the bank because they know half their degrees are worthless. One of the things I regret most in life was getting my degree.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Whats your degree? College is only worthless if you get a worthless degree..

10. I said half the degrees are worthless, not all of them. My point is that I fell for the Nigerian scam of getting one of the worthless degrees. I'm not proud this fact, it breaks my heart. I thought that any degree would at least get my foot in the door in the work force. I was wrong and the competition was more vicious than I could ever have imagined.

But I forgive myself and love myself. That's something they can't teach you in college. That's something you can only learn when the sun hits your face when your on a park bench and you feel blessed that at least you're still breathing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sounds like the gspot there on fowler. If you go to clearwater the pink pony has a little bit better of deals. Or wait til the big top flea market opens. Couple different booths in there. There's a headshop in Lakeland by abc liquor too. Out in dade city there's a citgo that is half a headshop that is my go to.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I never said you did just stating a fact, but id keep trying, apply anywhere and everywhere.

13. $50 max. Should never pay over 80 for china

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Cool piece. I see those on DH Gate for around $30-40 with free ship. It looks like a standard glass piece from China, nothing wrong with that, a bong's a bong. I wouldn't have paid $150 for it, but maybe in your town that's how it is, I don't know. So I can't comment on the price or if you got ripped or not. I'd suggest that if you're not concerned about brand name and collecting, never pay more than $60-$100 for a piece and always check DH Gate or Ali Express

15. It's not from the gspot it's from another place the guys there are really cool not asses at all. I didn't wait til 420 because I needed it for a party that weekend. I love it and it suits my needs the only concern I had was if it was severely overpriced. Apparently it's right in the range it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. It's not china, It's a macro..

17. It may say Macro on it, but that bong's been all over the china sites with and without the name on it.

18. My local Headshop, the cheapest acrylics are $20, the cheapest glass water pipe you can buy is a 12" OG for $60.
    To get an 18" triple perc, it costs atleast $150 here.

19. Honestly I feel like head shops are a complete ripoff and meant for people who dont know about how the internet has a wider selection and cheaper prices. I just got back from one and everything was way marked up.

• Like Like x 1