Is my girl on track ok? pic

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by killer43, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. I have a cabinet grow, 270W CFL's, one plant. Its a mystery bag seed with some really strange genetics. I have 2 others that I'm growing outdoors that are the same strange strain. But my question is, my girl is 30 days into flowering and all my fan leaves are going yellow and dying. I cut off most of them today. Is this normal in budding? Ive read post where some say it is. but I'm sure you understand im just worried,lol. any help would be very appreciated, thx. here she is, you can see the yellow fan leaves that remain on the top 1/3 of plant.
    [​IMG]

2. Do you test your ph? What's your temps/rh? What's your ventilation like? Nutes? Feeding scheldule? Leaves will yellow and die off towards the end of its life cycle, 30 days into flower definitely isn't the end of it's life. Looks like you have a ph problem with maybe a little bit of heat stress. When you're ph is off, your plant cannot absorb certain nutrients.
    I would give it a nice flush(water with 3x amount of pot size. ex- 1 gal pot, use 3 gal water)with some ph balanced RO(reverse osmosis) water. other than that I'd say that's some frosty looking bud for bagseed!

3. #3 killer43, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    ok so Im growing in a 3 gallon bucket. I flushed with 6 gallons of ph'd water at 6.2. Soil run off ph after last gallon of flush was 6.4-6.5. Temps are below 30c during day and drops a few degrees at night. Ive got good air circulation the air is replaced in unit in less than a min. Ive used Advance nutes big bud and blood bud and carboload. thx and if you have any other suggestions PLEASE feel free to post everyone. And if anyone has any idea how long I should let this girl go I could sure use a idea on flowering time. Thx....

4. Seems like your on the right track.
    Are you using nutes at full stregnth? B/c if so they might have been too "hot" for your plant. Which leads me to my next question. What soil are you using?

Make sure to re-introduce nutes at 1/2 strength after it dries out from the flush. But I would let the pot fully dry out, let the roots get some O2, then give it plain ph'd water again and check ph of run off. If your still on track, i would feed nutes next watering. Make sure not too water too often.

As far as finishing time, I would say at least another 30 days. But here's a good read that will help you how to tell if your plant is finishing up -
    http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

5. looks stressed but funky. I would bring your temps down to the low 60's and lower your nutes to 3/4 full strength. Maybe hit them with a flushing agent like FloraKleen and then a calmag solution and micronutes as usual

6. How's she looking?

7. she is dead I chopped her down last night. It wend totally yellow and the tri's were 60/40 white/amber so I figured harvest time. Prob end up with a oz dry. heres a pic of final harvest minus a 1/8th I speed dried and smoked. great pot for my first ever harvest. Im very proud. Thx for asking.

[​IMG]

8. Congrats, that looks very tasty my friend...
    What drying method are you using?
    How was your speed dried sample?
    Did you flush?

9. When in doubt... chop it! LOL I can respect that, I do the same if something is going downhill that late in the game.

Congrats on your first harvest!

10. #10 killer43, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    im drying the buds open air on a screen. Ill dry till stems crack when bent. Then seal in glass jars burping them 2-3 times a day for a good month. Or as long as I can before wanting to smoke it up,lol. The speed dried bud was NICE. Great couch lock stone mild narcotic effect. And yes I flushed on the 22nd and fed straight water till I chopped her. Ash burns white and smokes smoothly. I'm fairly proud of myself.

11. Nothing better than your own smoke...:smoke:
    You think that's good, buy some quality genetics, and your mind will be blown.
    In my experiences, bag seed does not in any way compare to some good genes.

Let them dry nice and slow, and try to keep em jarred up for as long as you can, it's worth it...
    Congrats again man, nice work!