Is my GF serious, or was it a joke?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Dodgypirate, Jan 21, 2015.

1. I don't if my GF was serious or not

we had a phone call yesterday, and I let her know that I got her a minion

she then goes "Is that to try and stop me from breaking up with you?" 

... I said "No" and she went "I'm only joking"

I don't know what to think.

The thing that's bothering me the most is that before she even "joked" about the breaking up part this happened:

Me " Do you want the 2 weeks of space? "

Her "Why? I've missed you"

Why would she say she 'missed' me, but then joke of a break up??

2. She was prolly just fucking around, but if you asked her if she wanted the 2 weeks of space then maybe there was something behind that comment that made you think she wanted space...?
    I dunno good luck man :)

Do you think she wants to end it with me based on what I said in the OP ... well what she's been saying to me more specifically.

Also,  we don't speak a lot anymore ... besides on the phone 2 days ago and my text a bit ... do you think that's because she's got so much work at University?

4. That's definitely not enough info to know if she wants to end it but you should for sure talk with her and see where you both stand in the relationship, no need for you to put in effort if she's not taking it seriously, especially if you are.

Well I know if she truly wanted to end it, she would let me know ... she's very blunt and to the point. She wouldn't beat around the bush.

I've asked her where we stood after the argument and that's when she said she need 2 weeks. But she did contact me 3 days later and we ended up talking by text and on the phone.

6. Then don't sweat it man, sounds like the communication is there and like you said, she'd tell you if something was up, enjoy your relationship :)

7. I remember being in college and it was the same thing with my bf. He was working while in school and so was I. It even got to a point where we couldn't talk much since we were so busy all the time. We would see each other on weekends or at times only 1 weekend day a week. It was hard but I am glad that's over now. OP, just talk to her and tell her how you feel. Then, ask her if it is because of school that everything seems distant and come up with a way to see and talk more often. Start small with a short phone call or text noting how beautiful she is or a how was your day checkup or a simple goodnight. The small things do matter when you aren't seeing each other as often.

Thank you :)

So it's nothing out the ordinary that she doesn't text/call as much.

I mean, in comparison, I'm not that busy at all. Sure I've got lectures and seminars at University, but all my coursework is done till March.

9. Yea its not that uncommon but I wouldn't wait more than a day to at least say something.Everyone is different though. If you want more communication with her, just tell her so.

10. Find a replacement :laughing:

11. lol i wish i had 2 hours of space sometimes but that never happens

12. Sounds like a joke

13. This little chick sounds like a child who's gonna fuck with your head...dump her!

14. #14 CanadianOrganic, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Yeah she sounds like she's just going to fuck with your head. And you don't want that in a girlfriend - that's the last person you want fucking with your head.

15. Dump her before she dumps you. It's coming man. They don't joke about it if they haven't considered it.