Is my DXM safe to take?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by garrettisnorml, Oct 1, 2008.

1. The only syrup they had was Nyquil Cough (without acetemetephin i mean, the rest had it, and gaufinisen)

It has DXM and Doxymaline Succinate as the two ingredients. Will the second one cause trouble, i couldnt find ANYTHING on it.

2. Doxylamine succinate is an antihistamine.

3. #3 garrettisnorml, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
    i mean i didnt get wether i would die, if im under the ld50 would i be ok? or will it be pretty shitty for me. its 6.25mg per 15ml.

130 mg total.

Conclusion: Traditional antihistamines may be suitable for first and second plateau dosage levels, but should not be used at the upper plateaus. NEVER use DXM with prescription, non-drowsy antihistamines! =erowid

4. man, when i trip i down like 25 ccc's. i know everyone swears that ccc's are the devil encarnate in pill form but its never hurt me so i would assume that youll be safe. ofcourse to assume makes an ASS out of U and ME so be safe.

5. ok lol. does that have that ingredient?

also, wasnt there a Official DXM faq way back?

6. It would be very dangerous to assume that CPM and Doxylamine succinate are the same in their reactions.

But ya, the LD50 is really high. At 6.25 per 15ml...with a LD50 of 50-500mg (kinda not precise...)/kg. Depends on your weight, but for me (180 lbs, about 80kg) it would take about 4000mg for the low end of that LD50. So...I would need 640 x 15ml..like 9600mL-ish. So ya...I don't think you are at any real risk of actual death, but I could not tell you what adverse reactions you might experience on that stuff.

IMO, just go to Ace hardware, buy janitor's strength ammonia, VM&P Naphtha. Like 10 bucks and then look up how to extract DXM. Very easy, very safe (if you don't breathe the naphtha...), and very "pure feeling" compared to chugging syrup and kneeling beforth the porcelain god. But that's just me. Either way, everyone who hates DXM and has only done syrup, definitely try some pure before you totally swear it off. Changed my perspective totally.

:wave:

7. drink two 4oz or just one 8oz robitussin cough and colds and you'll be set
    its super fun
    get good music
    btw, you're not gonna die
    just incase you think so. i spent the whole night thinking i was gonna die, i was like omg its my last day here, i wrote down like 4 or 5 pages front and back worth of i love you's to different people, my will, and other stuff. i called so many people and left them voicemails saying that i was gonna die
    shit was weakk
    hahah
    have fun man

8. this would be a super low dxm dose for me, and im upper 200 pounds.

9. Yeah, just don't drink 10L of syrup containing that...and you won't die. Like I said, I've never taken had that chemical in my body, so I don't know what to tell you about how it makes the experience overall.

But no, you won't die if you drink a bottle.

Good vibes. :D

10. keylogger be all trying to log mah keys, but i know better.

btw, gonna go smoke a bowl and then do the dxm, ill tell if i puke or shit. btw, if i puke, ill just stay home from school tomorrow. havent missed a single day yet, im behind my senioritis quota.

11. DXM is cheap. Buy straight up DXM. I'd rather not fuck with a lot of antihistamines... Lots of antihistamines while dexing is kind of counterintuitive, as it will make you dead tired... I'd rather be feeling awake on my DXM, rather than fighting fatigue.

12. Find another store that has these[​IMG]

... there's pharmacies, grocery stores, even Wal-Marts (<- if you are desperate) all over the place. If you can't locate the gels, the syrup will do, although the taste can be unpleasant.

13. Or the zicam pills work good too

14. Friday night I took the whole bottle of those ^^^ suckers right there.

I sat down with another friend who matched my dosage, and listened to music and talked bullshit for hours.

It was my second time tripping, but my first time with a DXM only product, and I have to say it was much better, but maybe because I took a little more.

Dont want to thread jack here, but with those pills is DXM the ONLY ingredient? There is nothing else on the active ingredient list, but is there anything else in the pills?

15. I extracted some because I thought it would be something to do.

I got a bad yield because my friend has like no common household shit...no idea why. Three people live there and no one has a blow drier? Seriously? Idk...I had a blow drier long before DXM...feels good haha.

But ya, I got 580 mg (2 sig figs :cool:) out of 974 mg. So, ya, not that stellar a yield. 59.5% YEESH that's shit.

But anyways, my friend took some for his first time, 200mg, and he was having such a great time just watching Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen. Playing Halo and shooting noobs.

Just wanted to say DXM is a very worthy chemical in its pure, extracted form. Anything else really doesn't do it justice after you've seen Crystopolis for yourself.

:hello:

16. im pretty sure thats the case.. def the best and easiest way (besides extracting(not easier though)).

17. It's the only active ingredient, but with most pills and capsules, there are binders/fillers/gel material... so technically it's not just DXM, but that's the case with everything. These ingredients are inactive, though. They are:

FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, medium chain triglycerides, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sorbitol anhydrides

18. Back in my day when we wanted to trip we fucking took some acid or shrooms, or micro dots.

19. nevermind my post, i thought you were talking about somthin else.

20. Is there a dosage difference in pure DXM compared to something like the robo gels?