is my dog sick?

Discussion in 'General' started by Crownic, Apr 28, 2009.

1. So I get out of the shower and I see my dog sitting there with her head pretty much having a seizure. It looked so weird, it was bobbing up and down and she couldn't stop. It only stopped after 5 minutes of me petting her and her laying down.... What happened, and will it happen again?

2. My dog has epilepsy and has seizures that sound like what you described from time to time. Make your puppy feel comfortable until it goes away.

As far as diagnosing dog illnesses, I would leave that to your veteranarian.

3. #3 imcherokeeangel, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    You should have a look around and make sure the dog didn't get into anything...like cleaning agents or something...and if the dog goes outside, make sure there's nothing laying around out there too...like antifreeze....she may have ingested something...

(she didn't find your 'stash', did she?)

4. was she asleep? my dog used to do crazy shit when she was dreaming

5. Like someone else said, look around the house and see if she got into some rat poison, household cleaners/etc. If she was sleeping, it might have just been a crazy chasing a rabbit dream that made her convulse.

She may have had a seizure though, you need to take her to the vet A.S.A.P to be sure of anything.

6. She was sitting on top of the stairs while her head was moving, i called her to me to see if she could walk ( my first guess was her leg hurt, she broke it a few year sago but it healed ) and she came to me then layed down and i pet her and talked to her and it went away in like 3 mins... she seems fine now, ill probably take her to the vet today