Is my Doctor quack? I sure fuckin' hope so.

Discussion in 'General' started by Codone, May 29, 2009.

1. #1 Codone, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
    So I pay $150 in CASH to this doctor that I'm seeing for my opiate addiction every fuckin' month. He prescribes me my Suboxone.

He's an Indian guy who seems very liberal and doesn't really have much to say. I think I know more about drugs that he does, seriously. It seems as long as I show to his office clean shaven and wearing an Abercrombie polo, he trusts me 100%, compared to the majority of his patients who don't present themselves well. << (That I believe plays a major roll).

My doctor prescribes me 2.5 mg of klonopin a day. Thats #75 1 mg kpins every 30 days. - I for real dont even know if I can take 2.5 mg a kpins a day (buuut I'm a druggy, so they'll be gone before I know it). I originally ask for 2 mg a day, and he prints the script, I look at it at he gave me 15 extra. He always does this, with every benzo script.

He definitely seems he has some alteriour motives that could work to my advantage.

You think he might be quack? Does he want me to keep comin back for this $150 cash every month that he gets for a 10 minute appointment. Is he only giving me such a high dose to an OPIATE ADDICT, who obviously has a history of abuse, because he wants me to keep comin back, or even worse, get addicted to benzo's so I have to come back? ...Which I don't mind. Might as well get #75 1 mg'ers for $11 than for $150 on the streets.

Whats your opinion?

Also, if he seems needy for cash and a lil quacky, and you guys also agree that he's a bit quacky, I know I can use my speaking abilities to convice him to switch me to methadone. (A script to methaond would be GODLY).

Thanks for readin blades. Appreciate you guys. :D

2. It's all morals man, if you can break it you can take it. I don't think I could ever do something like that though, my medical card is all I need.

3. His motives should not be an issue, yours are what matter. You are taking those to get clean, don't abuse them. Use them for what you are there to get them for.

just my .02

4. Well, a quack doc is a doctor who scripts what you need for cash in return, basically. I'm hardly manipulating the doctor, he's doin' most of the work, by just goin' at it with the script pad to make me happy. :D

5. It just does not make sense to me I guess, You went to that doctor to try and get off your addiction and now you are talking about abusing your scripts for your recreational(addictive) use?

Come on, personal let down? Like the other dude said its all morals if you are ok with letting go of your addiction treatment for a new addiction then go for it.

Just a swap of vices.

6. the doctor thinks that it's what he wants to help him, and he just doesn't have the balls to say he doesn't need that much.

it's that simple.

7. #7 Indi420, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
    Oh yea I get that part. The part I do not get is why he is even in addiction treatment in the first place if he does not even want to quit, talking about abusing the prescribed drugs for a fix and trying to get methadone for recreation just seems well not to be offensive, but a really junkie type thing to do. Throwing out hope of being clean for a quick cheap fix.

Were you auctally trying to get clean when you started your treatment or was the whole idea to manipulate your doctor?

I'm really not trying to come off as a dickhead, I am just trying to figure out the situation.

Edit: I really don't know very much about any of this, the drugs at hand or anything. I just smoke weed and eat mushies once in awhile so count my thoughts out.

8. opium is a powerful drug man.

9. Okay, didnt read your posts sorry, I just read the first few words and I knew what the rest was going to contain.

I am a DRUG USER. I will take whatever drug I want. I dont give a fuck about drug addiction.

This is a thread about if YOU think my doctor is quack or not. Its a not a moral issue; I am a druggie, theres no recovery.

Edit: I went to the doctor so I wouldnt always have to be on an opiate. I use the Suboxone he prescribes as back-up when Im not using. I had no attention on quitting.

10. Alright then, get loaded and milk your doctor for what ever your heart desires.

Cheers. :smoking:

11. So, in your opinion, is he a bit quacky? I need input, cant wait till the sun rises when more people start loggin on.

Oh and cheers to the late GC'ers. :wave:

12. Yea he sounds like it, 10 minute visits. Seems like he just wants a quick easy buck or he just really cares about you and wants to try and help, which I do not think is the case because you said 10 minute visits when you go.

You get drugs, he gets money and you're both happy.

So yea I guess he is.

Remember what I said in my other post though, I do not know jack shit about any of this.

13. Haha, thanks for the info anyways. Time to wait for the early riser.s :D

14. I dunno. My doctor does the same thing, he prescribed me 60 1mg xanax the first day I saw him. My visits usually consist of " how are you feeling?" "how is the xanax working?". 2 minutes later, I get my script refilled. He just signs it and pushes me out the door almost.

15. I do not think he is quacky enough to perscribe you Methadone.

Test the waters first, be like, wow doc I don't think the stuff your giving me right now works.... Got something better?

16. congratulations, you found out how western medicine works!

17. Lol maybe you should focus on getting clean instead of how to get more opiates...but its your life I guess.

18. If you're paying your doctor in cash, I would say he is fucking quack! I have never heard of paying your doctor directly, let alone in cash.

One side note:

Did you go in to the doctor expecting to get drugs? If so, it might all be in your head that he's quack? But then again, there's the whole cash deal.

19. he pays cash because hes visiting a counselor of drug addiction... im pretty sure they take cash

i have no clue if hes a quack, your the one going to his office and telling him stuff..

just see if he starts to decline the perscription or the mg dosage a day.. if he doesn't hes def a quack

but is prescribing you that because your body needs some kind of opiate, they usually start you out high and then decrease it and wean you off of it slowly so that way your body doesn't go into shock and you don't get 'sick'

20. qo with the flow man, you clearly have the upper hand in this situation..