Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is My Dealer Ripping Me Of???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Aramonal, Aug 10, 2014.

1. So recently I bough a scales to see how much I was actually getting. So I buy 5g bags at a time and they have been showing up as 4.6 on my scales. My dealer says it has to be my scales and that the calibration is wrong even though it's brand new and his isn't. He then proceed to say he had tested his one before and if was .5 off when he weighed a 100g weight. So does that mean he is only .5 off 100g or is he .5 off no matter what it is he is weighing??! Because he's trying to say it's only when he weighs 100g

2. Have him weigh a dollar bill in front of you, and try the same on your scale. If it weighs 1.0 gs then ur good. Anything more or less then he is ripping u off.

3. Hmmm yours are brand new and his are not....he makes more $$$ by insisting his are the accurate ones....pretty sure I know which set my money would be on! ;)

4. As stated any (intact) US dollar bill should weigh out to a g.

5. A US nickel also weighs 5 grams, if you want to compare to your 5 gram bag.

6. ^ yessss, i usually use a nickle for calibration

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. stop buying from him then if he's ripping u off, that's a bowl or 2 worth of weed. it's a business and if a business rips u off don't go to them again

8. I bought a weight to make sure my scales is calibrated perfectly but I did try the coin thing. I am from ireland and a 2c coin is supposed to weigh 3.06g and I tried it on my scales and it was 3.02g but when I weigh his bags they are .4 off not .04 off

9. Well if you think a bunch of stoners want to crunch numbers like that you are off your rocker.

10. Your dealer rips you off?

my dealer jacks me off.

11. Dude. Just re-calibrate both of your scales in front of each other with proper calibration weights. Who ever the weight of bud changes for is wrong. It's as easy as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Problem is he's isisting that we use both scales before recalibrated like he's trying to bully me into saying mine are wrong even though I've told him I ordered a weight. People have been saying he's panicking because he's about to lose a good customer since I buy an ounce a month from him and he's not a big time dealer so he would lose 1/4 of his profits without me and I have asked multiple other dealers I know that says his theory is wrong and that if his scales is .5 off it should be .5 off whether he's weighing 1g 10g or 100g so I've decided to not buy from him again because he's been such a prick about it. As someone said before he is running a business, illegal or not, his customer service was absolutely shocking

13. Oh and I've had my scales compared against 3 other scales and the furthest it was off was 0.03 and then my weight arrived and it was only 0.02 off so it was definitely his scales that are wrong

14. He's likely ripping you off purposefully, or he's an idiot and it's accidental. Either way, I personally wouldn't want to deal with that shit. Idk what the situation is where you live, but I would just find a trustworthy guy and ditch this buttmuffin. 

15. Seems like he's shorting u a nug everytime. Those can add up quickly.

16. A new scale does not mean a correct scale. Just want to make sure you realize that. I know you said in other posts that yours is accurate, just know that a new scale could easily be less accurate than an old scale as long as the person is someone who weighs things out often enough (like a dealer) to calibrate it often.

17. My scale weighs dollars at 1.1 I account the .1 for all the dirty grime and finger/stripper residue.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. #18 Aramonal, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Ye but what drug dealer rings someone to harass them when they say they've bought a weight to make sure their scales are right. He panicked and that's why he was trying to get me to admit mine were wrong so that I wouldn't be able to call him out on anything again instead of waiting for my weight to arrive so I could show him which it turned out I was actually right. I've been getting an extra 2g for the same price off my new guy anyway. He was over charging to begin with. That's why it fucked me off that they were then underweight too

19. I would only weigh "5g" once every 5 days. He's weighing out bags to sell everyday plus he admitted to overloading the maximum capacity all of the time which I've read can mess up scales and if it wasn't for the fact that mine was ridiculously accurate with an actual weight and compared to other scales then maybe I could agree. Their is no doubt in my mind that it is his. It doesn't make sense how other bags I've bought from other people are almost perfect on my scales and their scales but with his it's .4 off. The fact that his was .5 when he used a weight shows it's his that are wrong but he thinks that the .5 was only a percentage of 100g that his was off by. Everybody else when I said that was saying that theory of his is wrong and they have no idea where he got it from. Plus he admitted that he did put 4.9 in each bag but not as much as I was claiming was missing but if he went to the actual effort off taking .1 out of each bag then what's to really stop him from taking .4