Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my dealer a narc?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Laughing Grass, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ok so I hooked up with this new dealer, the first deal there was a cop parked on the street we were walking down so I pointed out the cop and we then turned onto another street and did the deal away from the cop. When we went down that street the cop turned down the street we went on and just drove by. Its more innocent then it sounds, but i was like eh, whatever....maybe it was just a coincidence, after all I was in a shady part of DC. So the orignal deal was for a half, then a few weeks later I call up for a full ounce. I figured if the guy was a narc that an ounce would make him wanna bust me for sure. I mean an ounce would be a felony. Anyways, the 2nd deal I took the metro over to the same spot we were at before and I noticed there was a cop dressed in street clothes with a badge around his neck in the metro tunnel. So this time im like wtf is going on here and I never went back into that metro tunnel after I did the deal, instead I jumped on the next bus that drove by and went to a different station in case that cop was suppose to bust me when i came back to go home. So this most recent time I only had like $30 bucks on me so I called him up for an 1/8th and I went out to his area once again to do the deal and I noticed before I did the deal a guy in a random company truck just sitting in a driveway pointed away from the spot we were going to do the deal. As soon as I did the deal the guy backed out of the driveway and drove off. This guy was not dressed up as a cop or anything but I know that cops usually sit away from whom they are trying to bust and just look in the rear view mirror so it looks like they dont look suspicious. So for the golden question, am I parinod because he's a new dealer or is this guy a narc? I have always been told that a cop must bust you after he sells you an ounce or more, becase they dont want to release drugs back out onto the street. So they are not allowed to let you get away.......so wtf is going on? I was going to buy a half ounce from him on weds, but im starting to re-think the whole deal.

2. BTW I forgot to add one of the main reasons I dont think he could be a narc, he has pretty high prices...like for example he wanted to sell me that first half for $180. Then he wanted to sell me that 1/8th for 60 bucks, and now he wants to sell me an ounce of ohio outdoors shit for $400.....i have talked him down everytime to a price that is still a bit high but isnt ass raping high...lol. Anyways, if he were a narc wouldnt he be selling for what its really worth or even lower to sucker people into buying from him?

3. if he was a narc i'm sure you would have been busted by now. personally i would find a new hook up though.

4. ask the dude and decide if hes a cop from his reaction :D

5. You should always feel good with your dealer.
    Get out of their bro.
    Sounds to sketchy for my liking.

6. I'd say it's just pure coincidence. You can ask him to spontaneously meet you somewhere. Ask him to roll out to meet you somewhere in 10 minutes and see if he can just hustle out to make the sale or if he needs more time make sure everything is set up. I mean, it's not even fool-proof, or anything close. I highly doubt he's a narc-it all sounds like pure coincidence.

Your choice though, whatever you do, do it cautiously.

7. #7 sinsemillaplease, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    Generally, cops don't waste their time setting up sales to bust users. You're being paranoid. Now if you were into larger "distribution amounts" like qps or lbs they might do this. This is borderline entrapment though. Did you read the news story about the police department that busted an undercover from another jurisdiction? The dealer was a cop and the buyer was a cop.... FUCKING HILARIOUS!

The fact that he sells eighths makes it highly unlikely that he is a narc. Filing charges, arresting and prosecuting for simple possession on amounts that low costs more than the monetary gain they would get from taking your money. Think about this... a simple arrest costs between $4000 and $6000 every time... now balance that against the $60 he wanted from you... and the fact that you aren't a dealer. I'm pretty sure you're in the clear. That being said, you need to stop buying in such close proximity to cops and potential undercovers... the guy may not be a narc but if the cops see you buy they'll try to bust you anyway, possibly out of sheer boredom.

8. He probably isn't a narc. From the looks of it, the cops you have seen may not be on his side but on neither of your sides. For all you know this dealer has a substantial record and is being investigated or followed. These cops could be after him, not you. My advice; get a new dealer, there are millions.

9. You are just paranoid!

10. Bahahaha, do you have a news link! :hello:

11. maybe they are following the dealer, they could be waiting for him to pick up large amounts from his guy. next time you pick up give him like a warning that you always see sketchy cops in the area. if he's not a cop he'll probably appreciate the warning.

12. I guess ignorence is bliss, because I have seen so many video's like barry coopers never get busted video and so when I go out to meet the guy I always look around for camera's or undercovers like the one I think I saw on friday when I bought the 1/8th from him. Now my qestion is, if it costs the cops so much to prosicute me, wouldnt he wait until I have bought from him for a while before they bust me? When I was working for target I used to work overnight electronic's and I was stealing shit in the back for about 6 months before they finally busted me. I think they waited so they had this whole big list of shit to get me on an also so it would be a felony which it was....anyways, wouldnt a narc or an undercover possibly do the same thing?

13. No... you can't get busted for possession of drugs unless they can introduce those drugs as evidence. There is no criminal offense associated with buying weed... just possessing it... or in some states attempting to posses it.

Again though... you're small time and a user... stop worrying. And if you're still worried the simple solution is to stop calling this guy. Continuing to buy from him and stressing simply isn't worth it... it's gotta be killing your buzz man. :smoking:

14. They dont need the physical weed to charge you, all they need is video from a hidden cam they setup before the deal or even a picture of me doing the transaction with the guy....atleast thats what I have been led to believe. The guy is a decent dealer, he always has bud when I call/text him. Oh and thats another thing, couldnt they use text messages as evidence? Anyways, he's always got the hookup and I can always talk him down from his high prices. I got the first half for 120, the oz for $280, the 1/8th for $30, and I have the guy talked down to $320 for this ounce im suppoe to get weds. The only reason this ounce is higher then the other once is because this ounce is better bud. The 1/8 I bought he sold to me low as a sample cuz I told him I would be back for an oz...so he gave me that deal to try it out. Its some really nice indica bud, or I think it is cuz I get the couchlock body high which is my fav high. Its just that im so parinod thats bugging me...lol. Thanks for the responces guys, i feel more comfortable meeting up with this guy on weds now. :)

15. seems like the cops might no about him, and just keep an eye out.

16. Just ask him. Legally he has to tell you otherwise it's entrapment, I believe.

17. I'd say he's not, but if you don't feel comfortable with him then def find a new dealer.

18. That isnt true a cop doesnt have to tell you hes a cop. Just like cops will smoke the weed in some cases, not mine cuz im not a big time person, just a stoner that wants to get weed...lol. Some narc's smoke the pipe or joint and they dont inhale...barry cooper said that you should get the guy to smoke a bong cuz you cant fake a bong rip but im sure cops will still smoke. Either way, asking him wont do shit. I feel cool about this dude though thanks to you guys here on GC. Just got the rest of today and tomorrow of being dry and then weds im getting that ounce for $320. It was some dank as indica...like when I looked at the bud I could see the orange hairs and didnt see to many trich's, but once I ripped the bud open a little it was like trich heaven in there and it smells like some badass weed, never had weed that smelled like this...lol.