is my dad brainwashed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by psrock, Apr 8, 2009.

1. So last night i was talking too my dad, we ended up talking about Marijuana, i said Marijuana is not harmful at all. my dad then said Marijuana can kill you, and he said he saw his buddy OD on Marijuana... What a bunch of BS

2. Whenever I try to have a rational and calm conversation with my mom about marijuana it turns into her saying, "I've been around it and I've seen what it can do to people." then me saying, "I smoke it and I've seen what it does to me personally." then her saying, "Well what if your high out of your mind and somebody offers you something harder." Then me saying, "I won't do it, I haven't the slightest interest in other drugs, not even alcohol." Then she says, "You can't control yourself when your high." Then I have to end it so I don't punch her in the throat!

Your dad isn't brainwashed, hes just ignorant about marijuana... maybe hes brainwashed. I find that a lot of people actually aren't just ignorant about marijuana, they're mostly misinformed.

3. me and my step dad smoke some times lol

4. yeah your dad is just like 99.9% of parents in the United States. They are ill informed and closeminded. They hear what they want to hear and block out the rest. Personaly my mom doesnt care that I smoke, which is a blessing in it self. I just hope other peoples parents were that understanding.

Good luck and Happy Smoking!:smoke:

5. Enjoy your wake and bake? :p

6. My grandpa said something similar one time. It was something like "You can smoke it one time, twenty times or one hundred times, and one of those times it might kill you." I don't try and persuade any of my family though because they've believed this for so long it's easier to just let them be. They know I smoke, it's just not talked about because I'm an adult and they won't stop me from making my own decisions.

7. Its funny because he used to smoke weed.. Well when he was a kid. my mom on the other hand is awesome, she knows and lets me blaze, heck i even blaze with her.

8. dude, don't question your dad man, he's right, I OD'd on the marri-joo-wanna, killed me flat out. Fuckin sucked ass!