Is my cannabis plant a male or female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BobMaRleY42o, Jul 19, 2017.

1. So I been wondering lately if my plant is female or male or herm. Or is it too early to tell. I would love to hear anyone's and everyone's thoughts.:passing-joint:

Attached Files:

2. Its a female, but it wants a sex change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thank you grasscoty! And how do you know and is there a way to keep her female? Sorry for all the questions.

4. To early to tell usually can happen in 4-6 weeks some strains some u won't know until u start 12/12 cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you @Dharvey but should I just wait 4-6 weeks or 12/12 now? Lol

6. You can try the 4-6 weeks first but sometimes it might not show but once you start 12/12 you gotta keep a eye open just in case you got a male and you don't want pollin

7. Thank you again @Dharvey !! I might have updates about it. But thank you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. No problem Im just starting out myself but I been almost threw every problem you can think of happy grows

9. No problem Im just starting out myself but I been almost threw every problem you can think of happy grows

10. Dang well good luck on your grow man :weed:

11. To early to tell its showing know signs of either.

12. So I should wait longer until it does show any gender? @Hydroled420

13. I would defiantly continue doing what your doing and when it gets half way your designated size then switch to 12/12 you'll see if it female within 3 to 7 days of switch usually!

14. Thank you again @Hydroled420 and what do you mean when it is half the size I want it? Will it continue growing from that size? Would it be safe to do it now?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Once you flip it goes through a stretch phase for a week or two before it actually starts budding ... it'll bush out real nice and some strains can stretch and double in height. After the first grow is finished up you'll have a better idea of how long you want to veg your plants the next grow.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not a problem, glad to help.
    But exactly what LED said up above.
    Say your max height of grow space is 3 ft. (36inchs) id switch at 17-20inchs. Give or take you wanna switch to 12 on 12 off leaving enough space to allow the "flowering strech" which will take major effect in the next 2 to 3 weeks of switching. And what it's doing is trying to "strecth" to the light confused of where it's going during the dark period. And also, within the first 7 days after switch you see flowers rather it's a bunch of white clear like "pistils" or some balls. You'll be able to tell the difference :) post pics. Good luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Male plant here at first sho 4 days after flip.
    Notice how there balls (round) and no white hair?

Attached Files:

18. Here is one of my girls tho notice the difference :) it's at 24 days in the switch rn.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1