Is my bud ready yet? [pics of tricomes + bud]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jackal, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hey guys - first grow that didn't end up all males. Been flowering for what seems like forever.

I was getting a little worried that I might be over-flowering these buds - but I'll let the experts decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks like they are close. I'd give it at least a week, maybe longer.

3. I'd give it another week.

4. Wait till the trichomes turn 50% cloudy and 50% amber.

5. The trichs look clear on the most part. Never can tell from photos though. If your buds are still filling out and growing fatter, then your have to wait. It looks like they are just starting to fill out.

How much time do you have in flowering?

6. They are filling out every day. It was just in the last 2 weeks that the hairs started turning orange like that, and it seemed fast so I was worried.

They've been in flowering for at least 5 weeks now I would say, perhaps more. I don't really recall as I never was counting to begin with.

What's weird, at least to me, is that they are not smelly at all - I can open the cabinet, and I barely get a whiff - it's only if I handle the buds does it really smell - is that normal?

This is a KC33/Afghani cross (dutch, indica).

7. Hey yah my buds are the same way I can only smell them a little bit right when I open the door for the begining of the light period and only for a minute or so. otherwise the only other way to smell them is by touching the buds like you mentioned before. Your buds look nicer than mine though keep up the good work.

8. 5 weeks for flowering isn`t enough. Flowering period for most strains is 7-8 weeks.

9. :eek: - - - -

10. almost their i hope you havent been giving ferts and i hope youve already started yout fuldhing process
    if not thats gonna be some harsh smoke
    flush flush flush

11. and 1 more thing you need to look at the trichs on the buds not the leaves those trichs you showed us were on aleaf that doesnt mean a thing dont go by the trichs on the leaves use buds then look and u got about aweek maybe less

12. wait 2-3 weeks more, if ur growing weed u need to pay attention to how long they are in flowering for
    5 weeks does not mean your overflowering your bud

13. yea i agree with todd u should be keeping close tabs on the age of your plants.

14. 5 Weeks isnt long enough for flowering - Some take upto 10 weeks, but 9 is perfect for most. They arent mature at all, i'd give them atleast another 3 weeks.

15. Its looks like another 3 weeks.IMO