Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is My Bud Moldy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HolySmokez, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I have 3 jars of some bud that is about 6 months old now. Unlike my other jars these were wet and heavy ammonia smell. However I dont actually see mold. Maybe someone else can with experience in moldy bud lol. Ieft the jars open overnight and they are not wet anymore and the smell mostly went away but is still faintly there. If there is mold, can I salvage the bud? I dont want to throw away a couple ozs of weed :(

Attached Files:

2. Well I decided to try water curing the weed, I have been reading that it can kill the mold. Better than throwing it out, I was able to visibly spot a mold spore so I know its moldy. Today will be 48 hours submerged. Hopefully it works.

3. Doesn't budwashing rid the mold and dirt? You know the three bucket wash with lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide baking soda and water.

Doesn't look moldy but keeping tuned!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks and I will dry the bud. If I still smell mold it's getting turned into hash. Water is finally crystal clear. Thinking of blasting a fan on it in the dark to try and quick dry it, so mold doesnt regrow. Any opinions?

5. I know no one is paying attention but Im going to post my final update as I quick dryed it all last night. It seems to have worked. This cannabis is now almost completely odorless and no ammonia smell. Tried smoking it, very different because theres no taste to it but the THC is all there. No ill effects and its been almost 24 hours. Heres my consensus:

If you have a very minor mold growth like I did, water curing will fix it. However if it is a deep infestation it needs to be tossed or cooked etc. The cannabis does not look "appetizing" lol its dark and it does shrink the buds now however supposedly the THC in these buds is now more concentrated.

I would not water cure for preference. I like my terpenes and such. But I no longer have to throw away my crop. The real test will see if mold grows back. If I see no mold after a week from today I will consider it 100% success.