Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is My Bud Moldy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by xcoder, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Hi guys, last time I smoked (1 month ago) i'm pretty sure my bud had gone moldy, needless to say I ended up getting really sick!

Its my first time smoking since then and now i'm kinda worried about moldy weed... could anyone help me out and give me a heads up if it looks moldy at all? Pics are below.

1.jpg Click image to enlarge. 
    2.jpg  Click image to enlarge. 
    3.jpg  Click image to enlarge. 
    4.jpg  Click image to enlarge. 

2. #2 llllllllll, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Bud isn't just going to get moldy unless you live in a humid environment and left it out sitting for a month + in hot humid gross sticky weather.
    invest in a better camera or learn to take a better picture (IE: set a white background to put ur bud on then take pix) or buy a jewelers loupe to get a better look at it... I cant say for sure from the pics but it just looks normal to me 

This is mold [​IMG]

3. mold my butt, it looks like thc crystals. :/

4. Thanks for the information.
    I got lazy and took the pics on my phone.. ill get out the DSLR and take a better pic now.

5. Dear Diary,
    today 2 post count OP wasn't useless.

Sticky this post mods. It'll never happen again.

6. Thanks for uploading higher res images. You da real MVP tonight

From what I can tell there is no mold in sight. If you still dont feel comfortable smoking it and you think that YOU SEE an area that has mold, pick at it with a knife or a toothpick or something. Mold will typically be very stringy and fiber-like. THC will not have these properties. 

7. Alright bud thanks for the info!

I shall give it a poke before I smoke it tonight, it looks fine to me however. Its just one area on the stem looks really fluffy which is why it concerned me.

The rest looks fine, compared to the picture you posted. If I'm still worried later ill stay clear of the 'fluffy' part.

Thanks for the help again!

8. looks fine, hard to tell cuz of shitty pic quality but mold usually has a funky smell

Skate.