Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is my BHO extract ruined?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Skull and Bong, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Yeah it is wax. some of it was especially dry to the touch and look, but once compressed they all where moist enough inside to condense together to little blocks

2. How much bho do you normally get off a 1/4? Is it even worth doing so little?

3. AS you can see, it is yellowish in the pyrex, but when i scrape it it seems more brown.

what is the cause of this?

i used 16 grams of really good but not the super dank. i used vector and set it into a hot water bath three times for 10 minutes each.

please help a novice out:

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"10ovenbags"']AS you can see, it is yellowish in the pyrex, but when i scrape it it seems more brown.

what is the cause of this?

i used 16 grams of really good but not the super dank. i used vector and set it into a hot water bath three times for 10 minutes each.

please help a novice out:[/quote]

Sweet tongue

5. Looks like good bho man scrape it up and top a bowl and rip it.

6. I think yours is black because you may have used to hot of water when letting the butane bubble out? I'm not very sure though my oil comes out as a more amber brown color. And I yeild ~1g oil from the quarter.

7. #28 10ovenbags, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    thanks sono. but it is brown. i thought it was gold in color. bruhl-- haha.

heres what 16 grams got me. how can i improve? it only weighs .7g

also- i dont wanna waste whats in the pyrex-- how to get that last lill bit???

thanks all.

Attached Files:

8. thinking of you big boy...... lol

9. Thats not wax paper is it?

10. I have two little mini extractors that pack about 3.5g of loosely broken bud. I get a yield a little bigger than a penny (I've never weighed it) of good oil on my first run, I usually run around half a can between them. I get more on the second run, but the quality is not as good.

Not really worth your time unless you enjoy making oil but I guess its good for fine tuning the way you purge.

11. yeah. it comes off fine..

12. Wax paper seeps chemicals into the oil :\ use parchment paper

13. were do you go for bho info? i know no were to go for accredited information about bho? infact the only source i know for bho info is here and youtube so please direct me to another location!!

14. and again you asked if your shits ruined you dont have to be psychic to know not to to put your shit outside unattended.. bet you wont do it again.,....

15. Similar thing hapennend to me on my first bho run, but it's all good man... let the oil separate from the water, and empty out the water carefully so the oil layer stays in the pyrex.

* You should wait at least 3-4hours so the oil is solid enough.

16. So is it more efficient to powder the pot or just break it up? And how tight should I pack the pot in? Just any tips anyone has to increase yield. I only got .8 from 16 grams my first time. Can I run the used herb again? Any help is appreciated. Oh and it is parchment paper.

17. Dont powder the herb but break it up pretty well.. running through grinder twice is what I do. Lightly pack the herb in so that there is air. Don't pack too tight. Make sure that your extraction chamber is completely airtight too. Run your butane through first time and thats your A batch. Some people stop there, I always run a B batch on to a seperate pyrex dish and I usually get a little somethin out of it. This is less pure but still.. I like to utilize everything I can. From that quart I probably got an additional 6 dabs or so (didnt weigh it)

18. my BHO is dark, sizzles when vaped, and makes me cough very hard. I get good and high but I KNOW theres still tane in there. How do I purge it once its been collected onto parchment paper?

also does BHO worked when put into a bowl of weed? or is it a vape-only thing?

you guys rock and have so much good info. I want to make the best BHO possible with the equip I have. I have been watching youtube vids but they all vary in their methodology. anybody have a link to the BEST youtube vid on BHO, and purging w/o a vaccuum.

man im ripped....

skull- how tight is too tight? i read that as long as you can blow air thru the tube its OK.

BTW-- i use a honeybee extractor that holds 16grams unpacked powder. i use vector, and I hot water purge for about 20 minutes total.

tia for any help

19. #40 01Bullitt, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    When you shoot the butane through the tube shoot it into a pyrex dish, and then let it do it's bubbling thing for a few minutes and keep popping any big bubbles (for instance you should pop all those in the picture I added). Once it's done that for like 10 minutes then go over the whole dish in little circles then take a razor and scrape it all to one big glob in the center of the Pyrex dish.. then keep stirring/whipping the glob real fast until it turns a lot more like wax. Should take another 10-15 minutes. Then scrape it off on to a razor and you're good to go. Keep hot water purging it the whole time

It shouldn't pop/sizzle and stuff. And my end result is always much darker when I use darker colored buds. Outdoor buds usually = dark BHO.

Yes you can put a dab on top of a bowl, that's my favorite. It tastes sooo good. But just don't but a big ass dab because it'll make the weed wet and sticky and clog the bowl.

I can't blow ANY air through the tube when i pack mine. It's pretty damn tight and takes me about 15 minutes to empty it all out. I do two runs of butane to make two batches from every tube I fill, the second one is usually much lighter colored. Keep using vector as well, it really does make a difference.

Last thing - don't use powder. Leave it in big chunks, much bigger chunks than if you were to break it apart by hand. Just leave little balls of weed basically. One ball should easily be big enough to clog the hole in your bowl, for reference.

Attached Files: