Is my baby too short?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by youngandstupid, Jul 31, 2006.

1. The seeds are Oasis, here's hoping she's a she.

Here's the setup:
    I'm currently using 1 26W CFL and 3 40 W flouro tubes (2 are soft white and 1 is daylight deluxe w/ a color temp of 6500K) in a large white-paper covered cardboard box with a small fan to keep it cooler and to stiffen the stem. I'm keeping the lights at 24/0. I started the sprouting process on July 9th so it's day 21. The soil is perlite and MG moisture control and Scotts potting soil with time released phosphorous mixed 2:2:5 respectively.

The problem:
    She's on day 21 and is growing out her 5th nodes (3rd with 5 leaf fans) but she is only 3.5 inches tall. I want to start LSTing but I think she is too short. Do any of you know how to make her taller / when I should start LSTing?

Thanks for any advice. I don't know how to upload pix since I have them in my journal already so if you need to see the pix they're in my journal which is in my signature.

2. Just pull the tip over gradually, the head (very top) will swist back upwards towards the light in about an hour, the next day or 2 you should see it stretching up towards the light again, and then again gradually keep bringing it down towards the soil as it grows out.

3. Thanks DierWolf I will give that a try. You think I should start LSTing soon?