Is my 18 year old life ruined?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DjHalfToned, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hope your not getting federal financial aid for school...cause that's going to go away with a marijuana conviction...

2. Dude you live in seattle.. did you get DUI's? Or just possession?

If its just possession its $300 or something like that.

3. lol wtf no.....

I have two possession charges and I was receiving federal aid and loans up until last April (when i graduated)

4. Hahaha.

In years to come your gonna laugh at this shit.

5. sounds like you lied on your fasfa then.

6. No Felony Convictions.... your FAFSA is in relation to FELONIES.

Possession is not felony under 28 grams. Look's like you never went to college...

7. In Washington State, here are some of the laws:

For Possession- *under 40g* misdemeanor with potential Incarceration MMS 1 Day-90 Days. Fines can range from $250-$500..... ***This is PER VIOLATION/INCIDENT***

If you have a decent lawyer, and if you had fucked up only the once, then he could have gotten you off scotch free with maybe some probation... b/c lawyers can blow smoke up the court's ass and say this was my client's first violation, be nice to him.

Since, however, you made 2 booboos in such a short span of each other, not many judges will have sympathy for that "1st violation defense", ergo, IMO, you will see more than a slap on the wrist.

This next part is all speculation, but you'll prolly get off easy on the time in the hole, but get fiscally raped and have to pay the city/county some massive fines (not only for the herb, but for towing fees, speeding tickets, impound fees, etc).. Also, your upcoming college will very likely find out about this and they will also make your life difficult as well.

Too bad you've already admitted that you won't learn from this wake-up moment, and you'll become accustomed to these penalties firsthand when you start screwing up at college parties.

8. Why does every one feel the need to stress there age on here

9. Well you have shitty luck, so put your balls in a microwave, get cancer and then medical pot, then they cant put shit on you.

10. Well I live in Seattle like you and my friend did essentially the same thing. He just got probation and its very mild. The only time I ever went to jail with pot was when I was 15 and got an MIP and my mom was outta town so Juvie was the only place to take me. And I've been caught with buds a lot so I don't think your going down or going to jail just maybe some shitty probation and an anti drug class.

11. #51 jedistheman, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    And bam the kids gonna get put in therapy and rehab.

Don't do that this kid is an idiot

12. Therapy+ rehab > jail time+fines

13. [quote name='"SanDiegoStonerz"']Therapy+ rehab > jail time+fines

What are you trying to say? Rehab and therapy Is gone cost way more then the fines. And rehab will pretty much be jail.

14. Your life is not over dude. It goes on but youll have to live with your mistakes. Trust me it could be worse

15. Stop hating on him damn. People make mistakes and im sure all of you guys have made plenty in your life. I know i have. Got expelled for high school for drug sale a couple years back. got it expunged tho. All im saying is that the kid posted asking for advice not to be told how stupid and irresponsible he is. Also dont act like you guys dont drive with weed in your car... When you go out to buy bud how do you get there and back? It could happen to you too.

16. #56 jedistheman, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes but luckily I was 14 so I could get it off my record

17. Incorrect, any drug offense, felony or misdemeanor will strip you of federal financial aid. The link I'm posting states that the federal gov may not be able to find out if you have a misdemeanor. But by risking lying about it, you could get yourself in a much worse situation. Also, The amount of marijuana that is considered a felony is different from state to state, if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.odos.uiuc.edu/sls/brochureAds/downloads/DrugsFinancialAid.pdf

18. Listen

On my Federal Application for Student Aid they clearly mention that it is only for the enrollment period in a special work sheet.

You can have multiple drug convictions and still qualify so long as those convictions happened outside the time period.

I could have sworn it said felony conviction but i went and checked my app and renewals..i checked yes...

They had a little worksheet that came with the packet that had this question in it:

Did the offense for possessing or selling illegal drugs occur during a period of enrollment for which you
    were receiving federal student aid (grants, loans and/or work-study)

If you selected no you were eligible to receive Financial Aid and student loans.

My confusion.

19. SO way off topic.. but uh next time your in Bend.. you should totally grab me some Parrilla Grill like a Wrap of Khan - Chicken and I'd say the Jumbalya but i dont think it woudl hold up the trip.. Its totally worth a few g's....

Oh would need delivery in Tacoma area...

lol :p fucking miss Parilla SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

20. Naw it's not ruined idiot, it's just a weed charge and you lost your car .::::::: but you just got caught up in the ekiks "justice" system. it won't be fun, but hey it could happen to anyone and alot worse has; that's just what you deal with living in ekik controlled territory run by demonic:mad:parasites who own the media.