is molasses same as boost??? seems like it does the same thing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by red eyes420, Apr 17, 2013.

1. i have just been reading about molasses apart from the obvious sweetening effect it also says it increases the metabolism of the plant, thats what it says on the back of cannaboost too, cannaboost is a dark color just like molasses, could cannaboost just be a solution of molasses??? let me know what you think? what are your thoughts on molasses and have you had good results from using it?? thanks for any replies:)

2. also how much mollases would you add to 10 litre of water

3. About 30 ml IMO

That's stuff is great blackstrap molasses

Sent from iPhone 5

4. more research tells me it also increases the plants absorption of nutrients thats another thing that is stated on cannaboost,

5. just got it today, blackstrap molasses, but it was cracked and leaking, so they are sending another jar out for me, but i will still use this one lol

6. Lol I would still use it too

Sent from iPhone 5

7. I never get many reply's man, maybe its time to try a diffrent forum:confused_2:

8. Me either!!! Know of a better forum? Thanks

9. ud hav to ask a nute company about that n theyll lie anyways.
    im using molasses ,bio bizz bloom (auto lowryder2)

10. double post :/

11. molasses is used for a natural form of sugar to feed the living microbes in the soil. they consume the sugar and turn it into food for your plants.. if you keep the organisms in the soil happy they help deliver nutrients to your plant, fight off diseases...etc. if you use chemical nutes..molasses is pointless since all of your microbial life will be dead, or greatly reduced.

some organic bottled ferts are derived from molasses and other natural foods for the soil, and are also plant ready, for plants without microbial life in the soil... so you could feed organic nutes in coco and still be able to keep the plants alive without microbial life. if you were to feed ONLY molasses in a soilless mix(with no microbial life) i bet your plants wouldnt do so hot.

12. Very true panda but there's always a but lol

I use chemical nutes and add In microorganisms with every other watering on my water only days so am I introducing them and then just killing them with the next watering which contains food chem food?

Sent from iPhone 5

13. pretty much, but as long as you are adding them back..then each chem feeding will only reduce the population..it shouldnt kill it off all the way unless you add nothing. if you have very "alive" soil and ONLY feed chem ferts it will eventually be "dead" soil and you have to give your plants, plant ready ferts. kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me, id just go with an organic line if you are worried about adding "life" to the soil?

14. Maybe one day like when what I have runs out I will replace it with organics as they need replacing and soon it will all be organic

Do you really not have to ph and can use tap water and do you really get equal results across the board as chem food

So as long as I add I'm good and have " live" soil

Sent from iPhone 5

15. should be "live" yes... and yes with fully organic amended soil you can just water, reuse the soil, and you dont have to flush... no ph adjusting either. you do have to make sure its de-chlorinated water though..chlorine kills bacteria.

lime usually will buffer out your ph pretty well. but soil out of a bag only lasts so long and doesnt have much ferts in it... its made to be universal..for almost anything. its better to amend your own, and you can get enough ferts to feed a few grows..using the same soil over and over, then amend it further as you want. the bacteria, comes from shit/compost... bat guano, earth worm castings, manure, or humus...then they feed off of sugars and other goodies in the soil and they feed your plant for you. you feed them different foods(which is already in the soil) by adding water and they will supply your plant with everything they need. then you can feed aerated compost teas for an extra push, and increase the population of bacteria further. pretty interesting stuff.

16. wow the post kicked off after i left lol, so basicly because i am using chemical nutes and coco, the beneficial bacteria will not be there like it would with organics? what about the sweetening part, that should still work shouldnt it?

17. very interesting :) , thank you for your input

18. pretty sure the molasses just feeds the microbes and the microbes feed the plant.. the sweet taste comes from being fully organic imo. if you feed organic nutes in coco it would most likely taste better also, and dont have to flush.. i wouldnt really use molasses in coco unless you have added the good bacteria and fungi to break it down, and process it..but i dont think it would hurt anything either.

im just starting to use oregonism xl...ive heard really good things about it..but i want to try a side by side comparison in coco...1 with and 1 without and feed organic food..and really see how much these little guys are helping our plants grow :p

• Like Like x 1