Is molasses necessary if you got bloom nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by champloo, May 1, 2009.

1. If i already got some blooming nutes, is molasses just overdoing it? Im gonna use it anyway probably but i dunno just wondering. Cause its high in the potassium right?

2. I am going to try molasses this year. Heard so much good about it.

3. Bloom nutes are generally higher in P and K, which are elements the plant uses during flowering. Molasses adds carbohydrates to the soil (or water) that the beneficial bacteria use as a food source. When both things are working together properly, you can get excellent bud production. So the answer is yes, use both.

4. I will - good to hear, thanks.

5. yeah i was talking to this guy at the hydro shop the other day, he didnt know what he was talkin about obviously. he said you only need the beneficial bacteria going on if you are using solid organic sources of nutes like bat guano and seaweed or whatever. he says if you're using earthjuice or a similar organic solution it is already broken down for the plant to use. he's full of shit. he also said earthjuice is a waste of money, that he could piss in a bottle and get more nutes than fox farm, then tried like hell to sell me some chemie crap called hesi. what a character, i didn't buy anything from him, but went to his competition for my supplies. haha