Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is mixing weed and tabacco bad for you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Aznleroy, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Ghosting weed is bad enough but ghosting weed and tabacco? Will it be harsher on the lungs if mixed?

2. smoking anything is bad for you...but its worse

3. i like doing it because it gives me a nice warm comfy high, But i dont think it should be that unhealthy

4. It's only harsh if you're a pussy.

But really, it's just as bad as smoking a tobacco. Just gives you a little head rush, that's all.

5. Never mixed so idk

6. There was a thread not so long ago that showed a study that proved that mixing weed and tobacco increases the carcinogenic effect of tobacco and was more damageable for the lungs, weed by itself doesn't cause cancer nor emphysema, but you shouldn't feel guilty, I just smoked a hash/tobacco joint :p

7. It's not bad at all, but not something I do very often. I would suggest trying it

8. Inhaling any type of smoke is bad for the lungs.

9. Okay, weed will give you a cough.

Tobacco will give you cancer.

You tell me if you should mix tobacco with your weed, lol. Only time you wanna put in tobacco, is when it's hash.

10. I've heard that mixing the two in a spliff would increase your chances of becoming "addicted" to weed. Something to do with the nicotine and the cannabis at the same time. This isn't based on scientific data that I have looked into, just more than a couple groups of people I have smoked with.

11. Do you really gotta ask...? Is tobacco good for you?

12. #12 glazedKnuckles, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This.

13. It's far far worse for you than just smoking cannabis.

14. #14 Aznleroy, Jun 8, 2011
    I think i got my answers already

15. correction. Tobacco will give you a cough and cancer.

Weed on the other hand does not give me a cough. Never has for 5 years

16. #16 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬, Jun 8, 2011
    Tobacco doesnt give you cancer, it is the chemicals that is sprayed on the plant, also it MAY cause cancer, because of the chemicals

17. #17 Laith, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    I can buy home-grown tobacco from the local aboriginals, and it still will give me cancer at some point.

Also, there's no "may cause cancer", because it most definitely will.

18. I have smoked blunts, cigs, and weed. But mixing tobacco and weed is gross. I have some friends that smoke spliffs and they are gross. Its a lot harsher on your lungs and it will make you cough the first couple of times. Is it bad for you? How many people die a year from smoking cigs?

19. My grandma died from smoking when she was in her 50's. I'm not mixing tobacco with anything. BUT, to each his or her own. Mix if you want, but I'm sticking to straight up greenery.