Is micro grow worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Enra5387, Jan 18, 2014.

1. I'm new to growing, although I've had some practice... I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if micro grows are worth the effort? Everywhere I read (even on this forum) has different opinions. I'm trying to accomplish portable, smaller than normal, and only for personal use/if not practice. I want to be sure that I'm not wasting my money before I start this. I was curious if anyone could refer me to links outside of this forum surrounding this subject? Thanks guys!Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well, the yield is not incredible. The maximum i've seen is near 1.5, but it's always a good challenge and your learn always more about this plant. I personally do it for fun and to share with the community.  :smoke:

3. I'd of said so, I'm just setting up a125w cfl fridge grow, it gives me a hobby and also I could end up with a oz or 2 in the end while gaining experience for a bigger grow!

4. if it's all you have before you now, it's certainly worth it. if you could go bigger then go bigger, if not, make it what you will because doing what we can is always better than doing nothing.

5. Thank you I really appreciate the input. Im going to go ahead with it. With some cfls, ffof, and I'll be building a box to put her in soon. Where can I find quality genetics? Right now I don't have quality seeds by far. They are just seeds from my current stash- not excited about it but since its more for experience I'm okay with it. Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Ive gone with auto bomb from bomb seeds, attitude stock... its a high yielding autoflowering strain with a good thc content, its also a dwarf perfect for new growers, Id suggest dwarf autos if you are using a small area to grow in!

7. I can only do indys, as I have anxiety issues. Ill look into that to see what they got! Thanks! :) Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. hey ....emilystrange...you might wanna check out my thread titled (are you the master of the micro)......and yes it completely worth it all my recent grows for the pas7 months have been done using the 12/12 from seed method and i'm happy with the results.....did i mention that used a new dresser an turned it a relentless 12/12 from seed machine'....lol

9. sounds like you need a purple low-ryder automatic from lowlife seeds

10. How large of a space would you recommend for micro? Ill check out their seeds thanks guys!!!!!! So happy! Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. definitely wanna go bigger than a pc case.....home depot sells a cabinet that's already built seen one once while there or go to goodwill or a furniture thrift store and buy a little nite stand that has a door on the bottom or a small dresser  :metal:

12. How bad will the smell be?Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Well said, just glanced at this post and makes me want to pursue this challange of growing even more.

14. I miss the peace that comes with growing. Haha and how much it teaches you patience. I <3 hobbit weed

15. I've added 2 plants now to make a total of 3 micro plants. How bad will the smell be?I <3 hobbit weed

16. Odor depends on genetics. If you're using unknown bagseed you'll just have to wait and see.

17. That's lame :( thank you for the reply!!! I <3 hobbit weed

18. indica and afghan dominant strains are the most odorous, no way around that. i would suggest something like a straight hindu kush for what you seek emily, as far as what you were asking in another thread you posted. anything 80% indica or higher will work well but i would go 100% indica of some variety. Mazar, Chitral Kush, g13, grand daddy purple etc.i would also recommend northern lights, but the difference in strains on the market make it difficult to know what you are actually getting in that name.

19. The minimum I'm looking to get is like an oz. I'm thinking about ordering some cheaper seeds from sensei seeds or whatever. Between the ph kit lighting and etc. I can't spend over $30 until I get a second job which I will then be able to upgrade equipment. It sucks because this is something that means the world to me and I want to do this right. But on that kind of budget.... Idk which is the biggest priority. I <3 hobbit weed

20. Start out small, hardly anyone starts with 50, 4 lb plants... I started with 4 MICROS in a closet and upgraded to 20, in a shed , then 45 indoor MICROS and 35 huge beasts outdoors. MICROS give the most experience crammed into the shortest amount of time Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app