Is MFLB worth it?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jiafu, Apr 3, 2012.

1. You seem to miss my point. The mflb doesn't do anything odorwise that any other vape does or doesn't do. It does not smell any less than any other vape.

2. The MFLB is still worth $180 but take everyone's advise and shop for one cheaper online or from another shop who offers a better price. $130 is a decent retail headshop price.

Even though I am an avid MFLB owner I also like the Iolite portable vaporizer. In fact, in many situations I prefer the Iolite. The Iolite is great because once you load it and start it you don't have to fuss with it at all. You simply hit it for 20-30 minutes and get nicely baked. It is better for passing around too. You hit it pretty much just like a pipe and newbs don't have any trouble using an Iolite. The MFLB requires that you shake, stir, and mix the herb around every few hits to maintain good vapor output. The MFLB also takes a few sessions to learn how to hit properly which makes it less than ideal for sharing with newbs.

3. Go into your headshop and show them all the countless places online to get it for cheaper and see if they'll match the price or at least come down some my man. Doesn't hurt to ask.

4. [quote name='"tman9059"']my headshop sells the mflb for 180$ is it still worth it?[/quote]

180 bucks is ridiculous you can get one off amazon for like 80

5. [quote name='"jiafu"']So I just got my MFLB. Used it last night.

Amazing.

At first I was skeptic, after going through YouTube videos before I started I was excited to use it. I used one bowl/trench. The smell lingered only for a while and smelled nothing like burnt weed from a pipe. The taste was extremely different as well. Being used to smoking out of bowls, the taste tasted well... clear. I notice the head high was very nice and pleasant. I smoked two bowls after though and I noticed the body high, and did one more trench before bed.

The only issue is, it seems I have to push and hold while pushing the battery in the MFLB for it to continue vaporizing. Is this normal? Also, if the battery life is dying/dead, will the orange LED light still show up when you look down the stem?[/quote]

Their is rubber in it take it out only if you will not forget to take the battery out

6. ANYBODY WHO IS DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT TO BUY ONE, GET IT! Ok so if your like me who has a pretty bad tolerance to smoking when a 2 joints or a blunt wont get you high anymore or maybe a buzz for like 20 min even if its dank shit no matter what the bud then i highly recomend you getting this right now. i was debating on getting this unit at first becuase of my tolerance and some reviews where people like me said this thing wont work if you have a high tolerance. Well i bought one and learned how to hit it the best way possible (stem and no stem) and i was high within my first 4 hits. I was fucking amazed. The people who say this dosent work DONT USE IT RIGHT! Trust me theres a learning curve but watch jd supremes vids on youtube. ThTs how i learned even tho i do it slightly diff. This thing is so small, portable, and stealthy you can smoke whenever. It does smell if you use it right in a room with no ventalation when your getting some cloud hits but a window open and a fan is all you need. I use incense also amd it works 110% so if you can burn some incense your set. I get high everynight without having to go outside and smoke and waste bud when im not being satisfied with how high i got. As for batteries i bought a 8 pack of rechargable energizer (ino mf says they dont like energizer) but they work so good i got 3 trenches out of it. I also have the power adapter and its fukig awesome! Anyways its worth the money people trust me, i forgot to memtion this saves bud aswell! A .7- gram blunt to my face wont get me as high as a .2 .3 in the trench. One trench if your hitting it correctly will get you high, 2 does it for me but i go 3 or 4for the hell of it lmao. So yeah i use it everyday pretty much it took me of blunts and my incredibowl (witch i also like). Pretty much off of smoking so yeah get it! I hope i helped, im kinda high from my mflb lol. Peace!

7. [quote name='"EspEmgGuy93"']ANYBODY WHO IS DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT TO BUY ONE, GET IT! Ok so if your like me who has a pretty bad tolerance to smoking when a 2 joints or a blunt wont get you high anymore or maybe a buzz for like 20 min even if its dank shit no matter what the bud then i highly recomend you getting this right now. i was debating on getting this unit at first becuase of my tolerance and some reviews where people like me said this thing wont work if you have a high tolerance. Well i bought one and learned how to hit it the best way possible (stem and no stem) and i was high within my first 4 hits. I was fucking amazed. The people who say this dosent work DONT USE IT RIGHT! Trust me theres a learning curve but watch jd supremes vids on youtube. ThTs how i learned even tho i do it slightly diff. This thing is so small, portable, and stealthy you can smoke whenever. It does smell if you use it right in a room with no ventalation when your getting some cloud hits but a window open and a fan is all you need. I use incense also amd it works 110% so if you can burn some incense your set. I get high everynight without having to go outside and smoke and waste bud when im not being satisfied with how high i got. As for batteries i bought a 8 pack of rechargable energizer (ino mf says they dont like energizer) but they work so good i got 3 trenches out of it. I also have the power adapter and its fukig awesome! Anyways its worth the money people trust me, i forgot to memtion this saves bud aswell! A .7- gram blunt to my face wont get me as high as a .2 .3 in the trench. One trench if your hitting it correctly will get you high, 2 does it for me but i go 3 or 4for the hell of it lmao. So yeah i use it everyday pretty much it took me of blunts and my incredibowl (witch i also like). Pretty much off of smoking so yeah get it! I hope i helped, im kinda high from my mflb lol. Peace![/quote]
    Do you enjoy digging up old threads?

8. Im looking to buy a portable vape but I can't afford to spend that much money (i can't afford the arizer solo or anything like that) and the mflb is in my price range. I've had a look at other portable vaporizers at a similar price and it seems like the mflb is the right option for me. I'm only going to be using it once a day so I shouldn't have any problems with the batteries, do you think that the mflb will be fine? Im getting a portable because i can't afford/use a stationary vaporizer in my flat.

9. Yes! I am so happy with the mflb, i think you will be satisfied aswell. And one battery lasts me 2 good trenches so youl b good. I recomend you look up videos on youtube to get the right hitting technique cuase if you arent doing it right you wont get good effects. Technique is everything and you get better and better at it the more you use the device. I get higher with this vape then my friends desktop vape plus u dont have to wait a couple mins for it to heat up. Hope i helped

10. #50 bson, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Cheers, yeah i've read on here that it takes a while to get the right technique so im not going to use it once and then never use it again because i didn't get high enough the first time. I've used a DBV quite a few times and i'm not expecting the same results, I just want something thats good value for money and that I can use outside. There's a pretty good deal on amazon that comes with two additional batteries and free grinder (which doesn't look too bad) as well so I don't think I'll have a problem with batteries running out.

also it seems like there is a lot of favoritism for the mflb on here, wouldn't mind the opinion of someone who has used the mflb and another portable vape? im considering just waiting and saving some money and getting an arizer solo.

11. There's no doubt about the fact that the solo provides better hits. The only real reason I'd get the mflb over the solo is if you need the stealthiness.

12. Its may provide a bigger hit more EASILY. But with the mflb and my power adapter or a fresh battery i can take a huge rip where it looks like a hit a blunt so i say mflb over anything. The powrr adapter changes the game 100%. Idk i guess unless u get the right technique down, you wont be as satisfied

13. #53 tem4jafa, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    ehhh i dont really like mine its just not the same as a bag filled of vape you need like at least 6-10 hits to really feel it imo but lots of other ppl like it

its actually good for stealth toking i love going to the movies and using it because it doesnt rlly matter how much ur hittin it u got time or at dinner just in your sleeve its good for stealth

14. You really have to change the battery after 2 uses?

15. One full trench is like 20 hits depending on how long you hit it. For me i pack the trench full. Also make sure you grind you shit up as fine as you can, i have a nice 2 inch 4 chanber grinder that works great, the more bud you put in the grinder the finer. (keif is the best). Anyway 1 battery lasts me 2 full trenches. i can get 3 but the battery gets weak at this point so i just get a new one. So 2 batts are good but i use the box everyday so i decided to order 4 the 2700 powerexx batts on amazon for like $14 plus tax. But recently i went to walmart and they have these energizer 2300 nimh batts that work just as well as the 2700. And they have a 8 pack for $20. So go there lol, but if ur going to use it at home alot to i highly recomend the power adapter! I just got one (usin it rn lol) and its sick. Ulimited power that crush any batt if its on high. But anyways, i hope i helped im new to this site. Peace

16. fuck the mflb , just put 50-100 $ xtra and PLEASE BUY THE ARIZER SOLO . I had a mflb and I regret buying it , it gets me nicley reipped after 3 trenches , but nothing gets me higher then my arizer solo , one nice drag and im good.

17. For $70 yes it's worth it. If ur on a budget this is a great vape for a great price. But if not there are other options. I've heard great things about the Vapir No 2, the solo and the pax Ploom.

Honestly you can't go wrong with the Mflb

18. #58 bson, Oct 4, 2012
    Thanks for the help guys, one of the main reasons im going for a portable vaporizer is for stealthiness as my landlord lives two flats above me and if i smoke out my back door the smell drifts into his window if its open. He came down to look once before and stood by my door but nothing came of it because I heard him coming and got inside quickly. Does the solo give off a stronger smell then because it gives bigger hits then?

I only smoke occasionally so my tolerance is pretty low, meaning that the mflb will probably be fine for me. Is the Arizer a considerably bigger unit then? I've also heard some good things about the Vapir No2 but if the mflb gives off very little smell I think i'd prefer that as I could just walk out take a few hits and nip back inside without worrying too much.

I considering these deals:

Magic Flight Launch Box Portable Vaporizer New Tin Set | eBay

Which comes with some extra batteries and a grinder which looks quite cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magic-Fli...964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231f2e2fdc

Which comes with a clearly better grinder and is £10 cheaper for me, but it ships from the US so it might be subject to some custom charges.

Then if I was looking at an alternative to the mflb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARIZER-SO...107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cc4eda1b

This Arizer solo deal is considerably cheaper than any deal I can get in the UK and it comes with the same grinder as the mflb deal. It would be about £40 more than the mflb but its a lot cheaper than i've found any where else.

I haven't found anywhere that sells the mflb for $70 but the £70 deal is roughly $110. I'm pretty indecisive because that Arizer Deal is quite tempting seeing as it is will come to about £110 or $170 but if its going to smell a lot more than the mflb i'd rather not.

19. As for the mflb, the unit itself smells. But u have to be right on top of it to smell it

20. #60 bson, Oct 4, 2012
    If im smoking it outside chances are the vapor will be pretty hard to smell anyway, think im going to go for the mflb because of its cost.

edit: Just bought it, really looking forward to trying it out, thanks for your help. My friend wants to sell his DBV and im pretty sure I could get a really good price on it (less than £100), so i think I might upgrade to that next year when I haven't got the landlord living so close and I can use it inside