Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is medicinal the same??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeedAndTitties, Mar 20, 2013.

1. I got a dealer in the Baltimore area that deals in many strains, but the word is that he gets it medicinal from Pennsylvania. My question is, assuming this is true, would medicinal marijuana give me the same high? Or would it be weak?

2. Why would it be weaker? If it really is "medicinal" weed, it will kick your ass. Medical grade is for cancer and AIDS and all that, so its gonna be strong. Used mostly for pain. Enjoy.

~Just smoked purple sour diesel and it got me and my bud stoned

3. Thank you sir.

4. Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks:

Hon, it all depends on the type of medical! Most medical marijuana will get you quite ripped! :smoking:

However, there are new "High CBD" strains with almost no high! The CBD in these strains, heals people in a different way than THC. CBD is non-psychoactive (NO high), but it is remarkable when it comes to dealing with some types of cancer! (Read this, and you'll see why the local dispensary can't keep it in stock- even if it can't get you high!)

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate[/FONT]

To be honest, hon, you sound like someone who just started using cannabis. I would like to educate you further about just what it can do... besides get you nice and high! :smoking:

For an introduction, just click that first link in my sig- just below my grandfather's quote. :) You can skip the 1 page introduction- it's not important. What you need to see comes after the intro! Just read for a while....

If you like what you see, check out the bottom of my sig for my email address and send me an email! I'll send you back a PDF with over 1000 pages of links.

Have fun at GC!

Granny :wave:

5. First off, unless you DIRECTLY get it from a Dispensary, you can't say for sure if it is or is not medical.

There are many different medical strains, that range in THC and CBD content. CBD being the medical value and THC being the psychoactive value.

So you can have "medical" that is VERY strong, where you're just GONE :hippie:. You can also have bud that is high in CBD but low in THC, which would give you medical relief without the psychoactive high.

:smoking:

6. Sweet. Thanks for the replies. Now lemme go smoke this loud and fuck these bitches.

7. I would find it hilarious if we had the same dealer OP. As my guy gets his stuff from PA as well and he's native to the Baltimore area too. the details sound identical, but don't wanna put his shit out there. Enjoy!

8. I've always imagined medicinal being of better quality and more potent because the (serious) growers care more about the patients than profit.

9. #9 TeHNeutral, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    Actually medicinal weed can be fucking crap, I've seen a lot of shots and heard a lot of stories about dispensaries having a cheaper option, not every patient can afford $10+ a G for top shelf when it is being used as medicine.

It doesn't even guarantee that it's free of additives or properly flushed, though a lot of dispensaries will check this prior to shelving.

I can get "medical grade" bud 2 minutes down the road, and it's far from medicinal in the UK.
    I can go to any country in the EU or any other region for that matter and get medical bud - all it means is it's expensive and sold with a name.
    Medical is another word for dank, loud, piff, headies, peng, whatever you want to call very high grade bud.

The name doesn't mean anything for a lot of strains though, a lot of them can give a very different experience each time.

Not that it shouldn't mean better quality, but not everyone can afford that you know?

You can get shake.
    You can get 'mids'.

10. medical marijuana has quality control.
    so logically it is going to be better quality...

with that being said, that does not necessarily mean it is going to be stronger.
    as Granny pointed out, the potency of your product depends on CBD & THC levels.

also, how is your connect getting "medical bud" from a non medical state...
    somebody is falling for a marketing ploy...

11. Lol medical doesnt mean anything. It just means it was bought from a dispensary. Any dank bud on the street can be as dank as dispensary bud. Also, dispensaries sell low grade weed as well, and thats considered medical, so all medical bud isnt dank

12. I've had good and bad medical dispensary weed. It's like buying it anywhere else. Just gotta know what you're getting.

13. And hate to burst your bubble, but PA doesn't have any dispensaries. We are completely illegal, so you have just been lied to

14. Fuck. Can't trust black people for shit nowadays.

15. [quote name='"WeedAndTitties"']

Fuck. Can't trust black people for shit nowadays.[/quote]

Damn taking it a bit far there arent ya?