Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Medical Marijuana legalized in Pennsylvania yet?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jumpingkidney, Sep 18, 2010.

1. I want to know so bad. I've been waiting for it to happen for so long. Isn't there a bill to legalize it? But I heard today that they already legalized medical use. I have Crohns so I'd be eligible, geeked!

Anyways,...

Does anyone know the status on this?

2. No not yet..
    As a fellow PA resident I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    If Prop 19 passes in California this fall, I think you will see a flood of other states who have been "on the fence" about Medical marijuana issues jump on the legalization bandwagon.

Let's just hope common sense prevails in politics for once:)

3. PA will be one of the last states on the east coast to have MMJ
    Too many staunch republicans and all of that old money. I grew up in PA and we all used to laugh about how red of a state it is....Unfortunately. We can hope while taking signatures and getting some petitioning doe too. We will see

4. I'm not sure about that one guy, if ohio passes HB 478 (medical for ohio) you may see some some progression in PA but it is likely that Prop 19 will pass far before the assholes in Ohio's government even look at it again.

Now to the guy saying Prop 19 will change everything, while it will be nice to have a state with full legalization I don't see it really changing things at a state level, the only thing it will change is a national level and that's all we can hope for.

5. the state of PA is not properly represented by its representatives

6. It is still tied up in committee but the bill isn't dead yet. Time to get active, people. Talk to your representatives and senators.

7. It was supposed to be through by spring, but here it is September.

I sent a letter to Rep. Dan Deasy, and he said that "it's a controversial issue...but I recognizes the perspectives on medical marijuana...blah..blah."

However, Rendell said he would support a well written bill, which it is.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVKAzkHRJA8]YouTube - Marijuana Legalization Update - 9/3/10[/ame]
    I think we will all know once it is.
    Still waiting on new york.

9. NY might win that title, we are too busy tripping over our own feet in politics, we'll never get any MJ bills passed

10. PA is a blue state. I've lived here for over 20 years and watched it turn blue slowly. The last two Presidential elections went to the Dems, the last two Gubernatorial as well as the last Senatorial went that way as well.

Sadly it won't pass in time for Rendell to sign it though and the likely winner in November is a former Attorney General and staunchly anti-drug.

11. Whatever happened with Rhode Island? According to LBH I think it was, when he was still here, he said a bill for recreational use of MJ in RI was already through their house, and would most likely pass by the end of the summer. I have not seen anything on that. Anyone have any news?