Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is marijuana use related to eczema?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stumpy295, Sep 13, 2011.

1. In the past while I have been smoking weed daily but I have been getting a couple of breakouts. I just want to make sure there's noconnection

2. #2 Rasta14515, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    Found this on another forum...

"Eczema is a common, chronic, non-contagious, inflammatory skin condition.

I doubt it is caused or accacerbated by pot smoking.

I would look for other causes first that would aggravate the problem: allergens in soap, changes in food/diet, and increases in stress are often culprits. See a dermatologist or allegerist for advice."

After more research I found this posted by Cathedral on Grasscity

"Eczema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Eczema is a disease in a form of dermatitis, or inflammation of the epidermis. The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding."

Ever since I was a child, I have suffered mild eczema on my arms, legs, and occasionally face. Although I have grown out of it for the most part, I still have some during the summer months.

That was until I started using marijuana daily.

Since then, my eczema has been completely gone. That is to say, no more redness or itchiness. [Smilie] This makes me feel much more confident in wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts during summer.

Also I would like to say I have tried tons and tons of creams, medicines, and other treatments. They have been mostly unsuccessful.

Anyone else here have eczema or any other skin condition that has been successfully treated by marijuana use? "

Your welcome

3. Nah man, it's usually a toxin or allergen touching your skin or, like me, got it from my mom through genes. Shit's annoying.