Is Marijuana Legal in Canada?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DMX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. #121 shaddytheman, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    Damn that's gonna be a long ass wait, I'm pretty sure some of the people in the U.S. already know who they want their future candidate to be but popularity and spotlight gets in hold of it.

2. Marijuana should have been legal in Canada DECADES ago! It's been a big part of our lifestyle for a long time. Marijuana seems to be taken so much more lightly than in the states. I know police officers that laugh at the marijuana laws, and openly talk about their opinions on it. It's wonderful really.

Not to mention, our west coast has a GREAT climate to grow bud. Oh yes, the BC bud xD

3. Honestly, I've walked down the street smokin' a joint, talked to a few cops, went to McDonalds, the whole deal, no one cared. Some will still catch ya', but no one seems to care. Well, not in Calgary anyway.

4. Well personally ive never encountered the police while smoking, but as for just ordinary people; not a soul cared.
    Now, as for the police, most of the officers (provided you had less than an 1-4oz usually) simply threw out the bud or just asked whomever was smoking to cease from it, and even keep their cannabis.

5. #126 seanzee311, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    I got reprimanded by the police for smoking pot around Niagara Falls (2005). The officer simply asked us to put it (our joint) out and said you can't do that out here (out in the open). No arrest, no citation, no confiscation.

Edit: and Toronto has the hot box cafe--nuff said.

6. Yes it is, so don't worry about smoking it in public or in front of the police, you are home free and nothing can happen to you! The cops might even ask you for a hit

7. lol at h8machine

8. Harper and his conservitive party must call an election by 2015 at the latest.

MJ is NOT legal in Canada but MEDICAL MJ is. There are roughly 25,000 licensed patients at this time that can buy from the govt, grow their own or designate others to grow for them.
    This program ends next April when Licenced Commercial Growers will be the only supply route for MM patients

9. Medical MJ is currently the acceptable compromise but most people want it legalized recreational without any repercussions.

10. i smell a scam from this transvestite

11. i bet u his name is james not sarah

12. Back when I lived in BC, there was a RCMP in my hometown who supplied to one of the main distributors.

Was sketchy as fuck watching a police car roll up to a house that we we're boxing the fuck out of.

BC is probably as close to legalization you can get at the moment, most cops dont care, the bud is amazing, and the prices are even better.

13. It isn't legal in Canada, but the police generally don't care.

I had the cops called out to my house one night (would rather not discuss why.) I gave them permission to look around my room forgetting that I had ten grams or so and a pipe just laying there on my desk. Of course, they saw and asked me about it. Before I could answer, they laughed, told me they didn't give a shit and put it back where they found it.

14. ^Seen that happen myself. Cops showed up at a party I was at, and I got rushed by them (my fault I suppose, need to be careful when approaching power tripping cops)

They seemed hell bent on charging me with drunk and disorderly, but didn't seem to care about me admitting that the bong and weed on the table was mine.

15. compared to the draconian marijuana laws of the United States, it might as well be legal in Canada. Canada is so liberal. Its so easy to find pot, people smoking it in the streets, selling it out in the open and its no big deal.