Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is marijuana addictive?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gamer25, Jun 28, 2011.

1. I don't think so

2. Not physically. But if you like it of course you'll want to do it again.

3. about as addictive as a video game.
    theres nothing to physically addict you but if you like it chances are youll want to keep smoking

4. It can have habitual effects but i don't think it's addictive i gotta wait almost two weeks for my bud and custom user title;) but it's well worth the wait and the only thing that will happen is my tolerance going down so I'll just get way higher than I would've before.

5. I never noticed anything physically after going cold turkey once I stopped smoking after two months straight. However, before quitting for a while, I became very invested in figuring out how to get my next bags. I don't know if it is 'addictive', per say, but I do believe people can become unhealthily obsessed to it if they are not careful.

6. There is no active addictive substance it's addictive in the way someone could be addicted to milk or choclate it deppends on the person.....................................................................................................................................But ofcourse i am obligated by the goverment to tell you that YO GONNA DIE AND YO KIDS WILL DIE IT'S ADDICTIVE AND THATS WHY THERE IS CLIMAT CHANGE CUS OF WEED SMOKERS AND THERE ALL MURDERERS AND WEED MAKES YOU KILL LITTLE CHILDEREN AND CUT THERE FACES OF AND WHERE IT AS YOUR FACE AND THEN GO HOME AND SHOOT YOUR PARENTS.

7. Weed itself might not be, but I think the being high is definitely addictive. I'll admit, I feel like shit when I haven't smoked, but if I can't smoke, I deal with it. A friend of mine is definitely addicted, he'll borrow money and strap off dealers if he can't get any...

8. #8 bungtothehol, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Laughed my ass off

9. There's numerous, extensive threads that cover this if you do a search.

10. only if you make it

11. yes. while it may not be an opiate addiction, it is still an addiction.

some may develop a physical dependency (can't eat sober, workout sober, etc) but it is more mental and highly based on the user. also if you are depressed and try to quit it will be a helluva lot tougher.

withdrawal symptoms are also real, but nothing like an opiate or benzo withdrawal. and again varies on person and their mindset, how long & how much you smoked.

12. I agree with the example of video games, because that's how I feel about cannabis. When I was younger I did stupid shit, and sometimes it was dumb enough to require punishment. Which considering I am a gamer, involved having my controller taken away. I wasn't addicted, and most certainly was not feeling the urge to puke or kill someone to get a video game fix.

But I also wasn't happy. Same with cannabis, I unfortunately had a legal T-break earlier this year and while I didn't have any physical ailments or screwed myself over by smoking again, the urge to smoke was there. I started smoking black and milds to get that oral fixation of smoke.(Nicotine also helps calm me at times)

13. No but Grasscity is.. :D

14. There's got to be atleast 50 other threads on this forum asking the same question..

15. Im glad

16. I smoked for 3 days straight from Friday to Sunday.

I don't feel like smoking for some reason, but I'm going to anyway because I just got my final grades today and gonna celebrate :)