Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is marijuana addictive?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SirDiesel, Jun 8, 2011.

1. not chemically like nicotine but the feeling can be

2. Yah it is, mentally.

3. only if you make it

4. All depends on your mind state.

5. It's habituating, meaning easy to make into a habit. Often confused for addictive.

6. Physically- absolutely not. It's not like cigarettes where you're body has a craving. Mentally its not addicting as much as habit-forming. For example if you smoke a bowl every morning and then you're out of bud, that morning you might be a little disappointed. You're body's not gonna have some freak out though.

7. Depends who you are, I have an addictive personality so I'm habitually addicted but definitely not possible to be physically addicted. If you smoke everyday your tolerance will build and if you stop the first couple days you generally get easily agitated and you won't have any appetite but that's because you are used to the munchies and the relaxedness

8. I've been smoking daily, usually a couple times a day, for several months and whenever I'm without herb on a family vacation or something I notice slight changes but nothing that's even remotely intolerable. When I have weed and am able to light up, I do, but when I'm without it I just carry on as if nothing has changed.

9. This, although im suceptable to habit, I have an addictive personality, but even with that I hardly find marijuana addicting, just alluring.

10. Psychological addiction, not physical.

11. First you have to define the concept of "addiction":)

Is the addiction doctor the voodoo priest of western man?

12. What isn't addicting?

13. I'd just have to say it is addictive. Even tho I know going to rehab over jane is ungodly retarted and thinking its addictive it is too. But the only reason I say it is because if I don't smoke every once in a while I notice my anger gets more and more out of hand. I went on a 2 week tollerance break once. I remember one time my mom and Dad came over for dinner a couple weeks ago and Im on a T-break and my mom came in and walked up to my room (wasen't smoking or anything) just layin on my bed chillin and I got pretty pissed at her. After I apologized etc. But I use it sometimes to get away from the shit of people. If you go thru a lot of shit and smoke a lot of jane to me that sounds a bit addicted. You can get addicted to anything and make it a habit. It's a habit that if you feel you are starting to smoke too much and use it to cope with somthing then I would seriously stop or cut back. I'm on week 3 for a tollerance break and I just learned to cope with things better and i'm happier than ive been for a long time.

14. Marijuana is my anti drug.

15. You make the plant addictive or nonaddictive. It your choice to smoke everyone once in a while or smoke as much as possible. Although, its not physically addictive like nicotine and alcohol.

16. I can tell you now, it is not addictive. I have had to stop cold turkey 3 times due to unfortunate events. You just think about it constantly for about a week, then it's like whatever. You think about it for a few months, and then you just kinda forget about her.

17. I think it can be mentally addicting, but a very, very weak addiction I can easily handle with a T-break. Here's what I mean: I was sitting at home one day and was like "I've been smoking a lot. According to 'experts', I've been smoking enough that it would probably cause mental dependence." So I stopped smoking. I thought about weed a few days later and was like "Hey, I really like that!", but when I did the same by quitting soda, I started physically shaking when I thought of soda (yeah, I'm addicted to caffeine).

So yeah, weed is way less of an addiction, if one at all, at least for me.

I'm sorry this post looks like a citation in APA format with all the commas and apostrophes. I'm pretty high and just realized this.

18. Very weak addiction, I smoked yesterday n I have p l e n t y left. I'd like to get high right now but I'm just like f it cuz I'm lazy. Now for example if it was heroin or something u couldn't do that.

19. Addiction and desire are two very different things.