Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is marijuana a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by atomickitten, May 10, 2010.

1. is mary a gateway drug?

thats like asking is mary addictive...

2. gateway to awesome.

3. thank you, great post:)

4. i always believed that it was a gateway drug when you have your tolerance up that you can't get that high that you once use to get with weed so you move on to harder drugs where your high is guaranteed

5. Okay so I have been smoking pot for about 4 months. I had tried it a handful of occasions before. But about 5 month ago I got addicted to painkillers and cough syrup. Now I don't even think about that shit. The herb has saved me. Lol. But for real it really does help. If I can do it sober give me a sativa and I can do it high and I have back pain so indica is perfect for me.

6. same here bro! minus the back pain part haha.. :smoking:

7. Nah man. If you have self control you're fine. My brother does shrooms, ex, coke, pills and crazy shit and I could too. But I decide not to.

8. I feel that if you're going to use hardcore drugs, weed won't affect that. Some people either lack self-control, are more easily addicted to substances, want to alter their perception more (whether it's for recreation, self-medication, a result of their environment, or other reasons), or are just looking to try hard drugs for whatever reason. Most people will move from weed to cocaine or heroin not because weed causes them to want to use the other drug, but because weed is less of an impactful, addictive, and expensive drug. It's also usually much easier to acquire. If someone does use a hard drug, it is quite likely that they use or have used weed in the past. But that doesn't mean weed caused them to use it, or even contributed to their use.

Basically, correlation ≠ causation.

9. It's only a gateway if you want it to be , i know Im intrested in all drugs ( not saying I would do all , especially meth , so many horror stories about that) but that doesn't mean weed made me

I'd be willing to bet that most junkies first purchase wasn't H , it could be any number of other soft drugs , that doesn't mean they made you , they teach you how to walk in the world o drugs

it's not like a baby sprints out of the womb in a tracksuit , gotta learn to crawl and walk first

10. when you smoke marijuana you realize that it isn't deadly like the media and government say. when you smoke marijuana you realize that only you can decide what is good and bad for you. when you smoke marijuana you realize that the best way to experience life is through experience.
    when you smoke marijuana you open the gateway of self-enlightenment. it's a good first step. the only way to really learn is through trying; you only live once.

11. You know what, this is probably one of the greatest reasons for legalization of marijuana in the US.

A lot of people take charge against marijuana because they say it's a gateway drug to other illegal drugs which are much more unhealthy. Well the only association that marijuana has to other illegal drugs, is primarily that it's illegal! If marijuana was legally sold, taxed, and otherwise dispensed in the US, then it would no longer be related or seen as comparable to drugs like meth, speed, cocaine, or what have you, by the population that isn't knowledgable enough to know that there's a vast gap between the health ramifications of meth and weed!

Maybe I'm preaching to the choir though lol.

12. I think it really depends on the person. Marijuana opened my mind up to experimenting with other drugs but that's just me. I've always been curious. Then I have friends that would not touch anything but weed. It's a matter of personality. Smoking weed isn't going to make you do other drugs but you may grow curious.

13. No. It's not a gateway drug, period.

Granted, I want to try most of the psychedelics, but I wanted to try those before I started smoking MJ. MJ was actually not something I was that excited about, I really want to trip on acid.

14. No. Grow a set and smoke a blunt already, Jesus.

15. #115 tooo high, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    Its only a gateway drug mostly because of the distrubition. Dealers are going to have experience with other drugs (sometimes) therefor lead you up to them, but never do them, consuming them is YOUR choice.

What im trying to say is that if weed where to be sold at dispensaries all over the us/world it would then not lead into the harder drugs because you will not be buying on the black market on the streets.

16. i like the way u think accept for lsd, and dmt.

17. yeah totally haha, i couldn't agree more.. i posted this a few months ago and since then i've changed my views on drugs a lot. i always told my self i would never take prescip pills and now thats something i love to do. i dont really have the desire to do any other drugs (besides meth which i'm definitely going to try sometime soon) but yeah weed didn't make me, its just what i started out with.

haha so smarttt :smoking:

xD

18. i think its a personal thing really, some people are like dam weeds not doing it anymore time to start doin some CRACK! yea dude crack would be awesome!!! but thats what
    t breaks are for.

19. LOL the tobacco in the blunt is the dangerous gateway drug.

I would stay away from anything that's not the green herb.
    Never past phycadelics like mushrooms or LSD.

20. I dunno if this was posted already but

Is water a gateway drink? Say you start drinking water as a child, then you move onto milk, then beer and then hard alcohol. Is it the water's fault or yours?

My opinion on this subject though is that Marijuana is not a gateway drug and it is all in the mind of the individual.