Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is marijuana a blood thinner?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fat_T, Sep 25, 2017.

1. I have a surgery in 2 weeks, and I'm not supposed to be on any blood thinners a week leading up to the surgery. However, I have bad anxiety attacks and the medication I take for anxiety is a blood thinner, so I'm SOL for a week basically. Weed always relieves my anxiety (much better than my actual medication does tbh) so if I can't take my medicine I'm probably gonna wanna smoke, but I can't have any blood thinners, so I need to know if marijuana is a blood thinner so I don't fuck up the surgery.

2. Fuck I just realized this is probably in the wrong section, sorry mods.

3. Well from my 10 minutes of research on google the conlclusion seems to be that it is a coagulant. Why not just call a doctors office ir something and just ask them if weed is a blood thinner, I doubt they would make you pay to ask a simple question they have that book knowledge to.

4. Just ask your doctor bro lol, they won't do anything apart from tell you to quit smoking for health reasons, I've told 6-7 different doctors I smoke weed when I've been to the doctors/hospital before some of them are chill about it others lecture you.

5. I came in high to one of my many head docs and she cried and said she thought I was a good person until then haha. Im still a little offended haha. But yes they cant take any action unless you
    mention harming yourself or another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wsup bro, when i smoke weed my blood is like water after. Not thick as usual. Dunno if it help.

Peace

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Here you go hon!

The Procoagulatory Effects of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol in Human Platelets (full – 2004)
    The Procoagulatory Effects of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol... : Anesthesia & Analgesia

However, if the anesthesiologist is going to use propofol as the anesthetic, you may need a slightly higher dose of it! Be sure to tell him or her! You DO NOT want to wake up during surgery! :eek2:

Induction dose of propofol in patients using cannabis. (abst - 2009)
    PRIME PubMed | Induction dose of propofol in patients using cannabi

Hope that help!

Granny

8. blood thinners are generally speaking the white pills/tablets that dissolve in your bloodstream to create a false immune system response.

weed is the real deal so it doesn't false flag your immune system like blood thinner medications do.

9. Definitely ask your doctor, notwithstanding the good intentions posted here.

10. Damn whatabitch I would've never came back