Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is making hash worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by swedx420, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ok so i have been doing alot of research on hash and really want to make some. but is it worth it? i understand it is supposed to be more pure and everthing but i just dont thinki can bring myslef to dump that much weed into ice water. please some feedback on personal expierences with it and wheather or not they think its worth it and please any knowledge on how much hash you get from varying amounts of weed

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. if you want really potent Hash, get some kief. i mean, ive never made it, but i have smokied it, and its kickass. use kief.

3. Don't pour a bunch of weed into ice water, just get a grinder with a kief catcher, once it's full compress the kief and you will have the same amount of weed you had before PLUS the hash. It'll take longer, but it's worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try smoking some first, ya dummy. I know your hookups may vary but hopefully you've got at least one who could at least place an order for ya. It's usually 20/g in US downscale metro to suburban areas, same price for small quantities of dank buds...

Sry I don't have any experience making it, just smoking a bit and smoking kief, and I'd say you're better off getting a nice grinder or stash box and smoking kief once in a while than spending the money and time making your own, unless you can get good prices on mids or dank trim or something or really like good hash.

...wow we are totally all on the same vibe here wooooo [​IMG] lol

5. yeah i know about the kief method and actually ordered a grinder with a screen about a week ago and am waiting for it to arrive but how long would it take to get that much kief. i smoke probably 4 days a week so i think it would take to long and i really wanna try some hash

6. i have tried smoking it once but i smoked a couple bowls with hash on top after smoking 4 blunts so i dont really remember how much it helped. my brothers friend makes his own and actually is very good at it, he is very proud of his hash because he has been perfecting his method for years. but as far as i know the prices (atleast where i live) are pretty high.

7. Keif does pile up slowly. you probably smoke enough to get a reasonable amount if you are determined. once you have a desired amount, i highly suggest getting help from someone who has done it before.

it's sad to hear my friends failed pot brownie stories

8. Just save your keif; if you smoke good dank 4 times a week (assuming you smoke like 0.5-1g) then you will have a hefty amount after like 1 month. Enough to make a little disk of hash atleast. Don't get me wrong, hash is awesome and all but I don't find it any more enjoyable than smoking good bud, and unless you are growing, it really isn't worth your money. Also, if you are looking for that potent high you can just sprinkle a little weed (enough to cover the hole of your bowl) and then load a shit load of keif; it will burn really fast, and you will most definitely cough if you rip it all in a bong, but the result is :smoking: haha.

9. I've made QWISO twice and it was for sure worth it. I plan on making some more in about a month then I'm going to try my hand at some BHO!

10. As everyone else here has send, the best thing to do is get kief buildup in your grinder and then sprinkle that on a bowl or 2. I have made qwiso and it was cool and all, but no better then kief. Also, if you dont have the right technique or know how to make good quality hash then your just wasting weed and money. I smoke everyday and I can build up kief in my grinder pretty quick. Just take a credit card or something and scoop it all into a pile and dump it into a bowl.

11. yeah im thinking for now im just gonna get some off my brothers friend and atleast try hash but as far as making some ill just stick to smoking weed. ill let my kief build up and maybe make some out of that but thanks for the advice

12. but you didn't mention that that "same amount of weed" is now less potent as it's thc has been broken off and collected in the keif collector.

weed has anywhere from 4-20 % thc. so, that is about the return you can expect. If dank, 1 oz will get you about 3-7(ish) grams

cannabis_alchemy.pdf gratis downloaden vanaf Uploading.com

this is a file I have uploaded, an ebook on different methods of making hash/increasing potency. definitely worth a read. check it out.

13. It is not any less potent than if it was broken up by hand and had the trichs stick to your fingers or just fall to the wayside. You will not notice any loss in potency.

14. save up stems, small leaves and other things that you don't want to smoke(schwag) but also not throw away. that way you get a nice chunk of hash to play with and a nice treat every once in a while.

15. I don't think making hash is worth it. A lot of the time I'm just left feeling like "man, I should have just smoked it instead of pouring iso alcohol all over it." To tell you the truth, I believe making all that weed into something like peanut butter infused with cannabis would be better because you can just throw all the plant matter into it and utilize all of it. Plus edibles get you higher any ol ways AND for longer. I just got done making some hash so...yeah, just thought I would capture the feeling so others will know in the future. The hash got me good and high but I still think edibles is the best route next time. It's pretty much hash for your stomach.

:oops::(:rolleyes:;)

16. save up for an oz, throw in a micron bag and put a few clumps of dry ice and shake over a mirror.

17. The only time making hash is really worth it is when you grow, or know someone that grows and you can get a large amount of material for a very low price. As far as buying flower just to turn it in to hash, not worth it in my opinion unless you just want to try it for the sake of novelty.

18. The way I prefer to do it is to make the hash, then use the hash to make your edibles. Less plant material makes for better tasting edibles because it eliminates most of the green taste.

• Informative Informative x 1