Is making concentrates really worth it?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by HighRider420, Aug 2, 2011.

1. oh by the way I recommend that you try it as your first toke of the day so it REALLY hits u.

2. You will also create (if you did it correctly) an oil that is solid, and really hard to get on a dabber to skillet rip hahaha, just a warning.... But, its pretty cool having rock hard oil hahahahahhahahaha

3. lol ya i looked at your guide, doesnt seem to hard.

This makes me wish i still collected all my stems. Im going to start doing that now if i start making oil

4. I follow these steps exactly and in room temp its never really too hard.
    Btw, the first time I made qwiso I followed your guide. So thanks:)

5. Its probably due to my altitude, shits all different when you're a mile high i guess HAHAHAHHA

But whenever I follow the oven then freezing method, i scrape it up into a pile, melt it back into a puck of oil and when its hard, i can hit it with a hammer inside a bag, and it will completely fucking shatter and leave no residue on the bag, makes it nice for loading in bowls actually lol, since liquid is kinda hard to get going where you want it all the time haha

6. HAHA mile high, word.

it could be when you melt it back into a puck thats making it hard? but that sound kinda cool regardless

7. I hate threads like these, they are so depressing.

I dont think Ill ever get to try oil =(

8. Yea it could be, i stopped making shatter for a while though haha, I've just been dabbing it so the freezer and oven arent really necessary at the moment hahaha

9. there is no excuse, its easy to make lol, save your stems

10. are you cereal?

My friend had told me about that way back when, but I didnt believe him.

11. i use to make brownies with my stems....this hole time could of had some stem oil :p

12. Its super easy lol... you need.... 1-2 coffee filters.... 1 bottle of isopropyl alcohol, 1 strainer, and a flat NOT plastic dish, preferable a pyrex baking dish, to evaporate it all. And weed/stems/trim of course.

unless you want to make BHO, then you need other things, but i dont make bho hahahaha

13. can't wait to try this out. i got some nice headies right now. im thinking im going to try and use about 5 grams. can't do it today but i will deff do it soon.

Seems like a pretty easy process, i dont really see how i could fuck it up

14. The main factor is NOT letting the product soak in the iso (unless your making BHO, then ignore this) for too long.... There is a very short time window in between very very good qwiso, and not so good qwiso hahahah, but not so good qwiso is still going to be on par with really good hash and such, just not for a concentrate

15. yeah, its better to under soak it and just do another run than to leave in soaking too long and get some black goop

16. #36 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    fill your tube that ur blasting, with popcorn sized nugs, packed tighter = better yield
    cover one end with stainless steel screen and a coffee filter
    wrap towels around your tube and blast into a dish with sink-warm water
    refresh the warm water every few minutes for 20 mins at a time
    scrape when it doesnt purge any more oil
    boiling water is too hot
    you will lost liek .5% to the filter as it will get sticky
    but this is worth the 110% better quality dabbing product you will get